NameSilo

How Much Are We Talking About ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sliproad

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I am a complete beginner to domains and affiliate websites. I have put a list of the domains I have and out of this list only one has been commented on as having any potential.

What I am thinking is a website on the domain vegastransfers.com
This would need to be built from scratch or installation of wordpress with custom theme. An easy to use control panel with options to change the affiliate banners and so on.
It will need seo and all the trimmings that go along with getting the site noticed by google.
It will need banner and logo design.
Anything else I am missing ? I will need that as well
Is there a ball park figure of costs ?
Thanks
Sliproad

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
IMO.. Using Wordpress with a custom theme itself could be mid-$XXX (mainly for the custom theme). If you can manage to find and customize or use a theme that's already build that cost could go below $100...Wordpress is extremely easy to install (or you can get it installed for roughly $5) and themes usually run about $50-$100 if it's already made.

Changing affiliate banners is something you can also do easily in Wordpress. There are plugins out there which are completely free that let you add/rotate banners around the site. The SEO stuff can vary - Anywhere from $XX - $XXX per month depending if you do it yourself or outsource it. Banners and logos you can have made around this forum for pretty cheap..

All in all...
The most expensive method - Probably at least low $XXXX for development (one time), $XXX for SEO (monthly basis), mid-$XX to low-$XXX for a logo and some banners.
The cheapest method - Install wordpress ($5), purchase custom theme ($XX), pay someone to make changes to the theme ($XX), buy some cheap SEO links ($XX per month), and get some cheap images made on the forums ($XX)

I could probably help you with some of these services..Let me know if you're looking.

•••
I will do. Thanks for your answer. I have started with the wordpress theme already installing a few custom themes. Playing around with it at the moment just to get the feel of it. I have limited knowledge of making an affiliate site. I have no problem ftp content to correct folders.

Any good plugins you could recommend that would be good for getting higher rank google ?
I will be in touch after Christmas for some work.
A I say no problem server side but probably lack of knowledge in worpress.
I have been involved with a forum in the past where we had a single link to betfair which done quite well for a while. Got a little knowledge working around with that. The word press is a bit over my head at the moment but I am sure I can figure out the different parts.

Again could you give me a list of plugins that would be usefull.

Thanks
Sliproad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back