NameSilo

How many four letter .com are left?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ClickHoldem

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure but there are around 2000 starting with the letter A. I'm guessing that the number is between 30000 and 50000. I think that they will run out in the next 36 months and possibly in the next 12 months.

I also read somewhere last month that there are around 150000 domain names with 4 letters or numbers in it. I forgot the website name and haven't found it since. If this is the case then the 4 letter domain names should run out quicker. There are around 1.2 million number and letter combinations, around 450 thousand letter only combinations and 10000 number only combinations. (~1.7million number or letter)

I've seen people advertising the list of the 4 letter only domains available on ebay.

Of those that are available I would go for one of the following characteristics:
- Looks like a word
- Has double letters
- Has many letters that rhyme
- Has over 7000 webpages on google that use the term

In the last few weeks I have purchased yovr.com, ffry.com, eayz.com and qenu.com and I think that these are good finds. I think that there are many good 4 letter domains that are worth registering. I have used http://www.theitdomain.com/whoisloop.php to find the above domains. It often makes mistakes but I like it.

•••
VURG: Thanks for sharing,
ST

•••
Vurg i think your ffry.com was a good pickup but the others with z, x, y, or q rn't good.. ty for ur info

•••
I know that there are no 3 letter .coms left. You may want to use a program like domain name analiser to work it out!

•••
jamminsport16 said:
Vurg i think your ffry.com was a good pickup but the others with z, x, y, or q rn't good.. ty for ur info

I like Eayz. It sounds like ears but looks a bit different.

•••
Hi

The last count from my check there were around 54,000 four letter domain names...

And I think you are right in the next three years 4letter domain names will return x fold what you would pay for them now.... Just depends on if X fold is enough for you to invest in the available domain names right now...

I am grabbing some but not to many...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
I just bought WOLJ.com

Trying to make an acronym: World of L? J?

Any ideas on what it could be?

•••
•••
Not counting numbersor hypens, there are a possible 456976 combinations of 4 letter .com's. Unless it's a word or common acronym, almost half a millions is a whole lot of domains, and scarcity isn't nearly as much a factor as 2 or 3 letters. beyond 3 letters, I wouldn't put much faith in random letters. If the 54,000 registered number above is correct,that means only a little more than 10% of the possible combos are registered.

Scarcity = value & higher prices.
Availablity = renewal fees & low sales prices.

•••
The domain market would have to reach thus far unimaginable levels of lunacy before all the 4 letter names are registered. I would love to see it get there in the next 1-3 years because when a name like IJKW.COM is worth even reg fee my good 4 letter names are going to worth tens of thousands.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
If the 54,000 registered number above is correct,that means only a little more than 10% of the possible combos are registered.

I think that the 54,000 refers to the unregistered domain names, not the registered.

•••
VURG said:
I think that the 54,000 refers to the unregistered domain names, not the registered.

VURG, I think I have to disagree with you, this would mean there are already 450k registred which I doubt.

But perhaps ezimedia can lighten up the question.

To add my comment I too think the time when all 4 letter .com's are taken will last quite a while. Imagine what kind of 'junk' there already is in 3 letter domains, not even thinking of 4 letter combo's. :blink:

cheers

•••
Hard to tell, but I just randomly entered about 10 4 letter.com's about 8 times and found about 15-20% available. This was not statistically significant, but would lead me to believe maybe the 54k available instead of registered may be correct. That means there's a LOT of money being spent speculating on 4L dot-coms. It would also mean there are still about 3 times the number of 4L dot-coms unregistered than even exist in 3L dot-coms.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Not counting numbersor hypens, there are a possible 456976 combinations of 4 letter .com's. Unless it's a word or common acronym, almost half a millions is a whole lot of domains, and scarcity isn't nearly as much a factor as 2 or 3 letters. beyond 3 letters, I wouldn't put much faith in random letters. If the 54,000 registered number above is correct,that means only a little more than 10% of the possible combos are registered.

Scarcity = value & higher prices.
Availablity = renewal fees & low sales prices.

Out of the 456,976 combinations 324,670 have nameserver entries. Even more
then this are registered.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back