IT.COM

How long until .it.com tld sunsets?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just checked out Google for sites that end in .it.com

Seems like a lot of money has been invested and shovelled into it, they own nearly every it.tld, they're advertising all over the place - but Google is showing an abysmal 1,290 results for it in total right now and even many of those are repeats.

Source: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:.it.com

So I'm wondering how long it could last. How is it sustainable?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hardly 2-3 years , after that they will sell the domain to few millions and try to cover the loss

•••
I would think so. Obviously I don't know the actual stats, but it's not looking healthy.

•••
I would think so. Obviously I don't know the actual stats, but it's not looking healthy.
Hi guys,

I just wanted to chime in. I work for it.com. We are investing heavily in .it.com and have the funding for our plans. Please note that we officially launched it.com in January this year and have every intention of building it into a long-term business.

Although we are a private company, we’re happy to answer questions here.

Thanks much.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

I just wanted to chime in. I work for it.com. We are investing heavily in .it.com and have the funding for our plans. Please note that we officially launched it.com in January this year and have every intention of building it into a long-term business.

Thanks much.
Thank you for chiming in. I don't mean to pour scorn but I did want to discuss it's viability.

The mention of funding is good, but it should ultimately be self sustaining because demand is large enough, not just cause there is someone funding it.

•••
Hi guys,

Thanks much.
I have seo.it.com and yes.it.com. I'm sure it will help someone in no time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back