IT.COM

discuss How is the market now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

medomain

Established Member
Impact
My domains have seen absolutely no offers from everywhere. Beginning November of last year till now, the market has been very slow for me. Is the domain industry dying?

Has any of you observe a decrease and sales and offers?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My domains have seen absolutely no offers from everywhere. Beginning November of last year till now, the market has been very slow for me. Is the domain industry dying?

Has any of you observe a decrease and sales and offers?

Thanks

Again. This has nothing to do with the domain industry, just your domains. Any month of any year, you can find people doing about the same, worse, better. This January has been my best month ever. Every year I set a goal I want to hit, it's bigger every year. Last year, I didn't hit the goal until November/December. This year the goal was bigger and I'm already at 50%, just in the first month. It will be higher if a recent buyer can figure out how to accept the domain.

•••
Again. This has nothing to do with the domain industry, just your domains. Any month of any year, you can find people doing about the same, worse, better. This January has been my best month ever. Every year I set a goal I want to hit, it's bigger every year. Last year, I didn't hit the goal until November/December. This year the goal was bigger and I'm already at 50%, just in the first month. It will be higher if a recent buyer can figure out how to accept the domain.
It's good to know that the market is not slowing down. Is been very slow at my end. I think I need to restrategize how I market my domains. I haven't had a single bid in any of my names in months. Outbound marketing is not working for me. All I do is list them in sedo, GoDaddy and the likes.

•••
Slowed down to a zero crawl. Lots of foreign offers for peanuts. I stopped answering email inquiries unless the offer is high enough.

•••
Volume of inquiries is relatively stable...
But significantly less 4F buyers VS previous years...

•••
Registrars are convincing buyers you dont need a .com and many people are believing it. Godaddy for example makes it look like the junk TLD's are just as good and dirt cheap, so why pay $688 for a domain when you can get a ".site" for 99 cents.

•••
It doesn't matter "where" you list... Almost all endusers are visiting the necessary domain directly... So even blank page with your email address is absolutely enough.
Only matters "what" you sell.

•••
You really have to monitor parking providers, as many of them are getting caught in ad blocks now.

You have to own a diversified portfolio before it was the 3d printer craze, then drones, then vape, then chips, then along came crypto etc...

Last edited:
•••
Yeah the real dumb-dumbs just use Fakebook instead of buying a dumain for their online presence.

•••
The market is stable and steady, names aren't bringing the money they used to, but the same as 2018 so far.

•••
UniRegistry Market - they provide just simple form to contact the seller ("Offers only" mode).
If you don't want to deal with parking companies.

Last edited:
•••
My 2 sale in November, 1 in december and in jan received a offer of $700 on my Vpn keyword domain.
If you have quality domains than market is up if you buy crapy than will market down for your.

•••
Its all depend on ur domain name if its good n catchy then market is up ifnot then market is down

•••
Market is great for my .coms all depends how many you hold and what quality ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back