IT.COM

How good is it to use the ".me" TLD for personal branding?

NameSilo
Watch

nil2021

Impact
Hello,
I have found a really good, short and easy to remember domain name with the ".me" domain extension, but I cannot get domain name availability with .com or .net extensions.
Will it be a good idea to use the .me extension in my domain name for personal branding?
Please note that I am in web design, graphics design and UI design. I am also into freelance photography.
Many thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you can secure your first name in a "dot me" extension, absolutely. It would command respect, in a personal / self employed business sense. First and second name, not so much, better off with a "dot com". Your first name only in a "dot me" is sweet, IMO. PS Welcome to NamePros

Last edited:
•••
If you can secure your first name in a "dot me" extension, absolutely. It would command respect, in a personal / self employed business sense. First and second name, not so much, better off with a "dot com". Your first name only in a "dot me" is sweet, IMO. PS Welcome to NamePros
Thank you so much for your warm wishes :)
I am unable to find any domain extension with my first name only.
However, if I use the first letter of my first name, and use it with my whole last name, then the .me domain is available. Shall I go for that domain name? It is only 4 letters long too.

•••
Thank you so much for your warm wishes :)
I am unable to find any domain extension with my first name only.
However, if I use the first letter of my first name, and use it with my whole last name, then the .me domain is available. Shall I go for that domain name? It is only 4 letters long too.
For personal branding, if I can't get my first name in a "dot me", I'd stick with a "dot com" (but that's just .me, no pun intended)

Examples:

t/o/m s/m/i/t/h (com)
t/ s/m/i/t/h (com)

For a design professional (like you), even:

t/o/m d/e/s/i/g/n (com)
d/e/s/i/g/n/e/r t/o/m (com)

Much better in "dot com", IMO

Last edited:
•••
I personally love .me names in general. I don't have my first name in .me, but I'd love to have it. I have my gfs name in .me though. 😁

•••
Last edited:
•••
N'aw, cute
🤣 it is isn't it. She's very lucky, she just doesn't realise how great it is. One day she'll realise...

•••
If it's really good, really memorable, short and easy, what does anything other extension have to do with it? Domain names are what you make of them, don't others define what's good or not for you.

Cheers, and good luck.

•••
If it's really good, really memorable, short and easy, what does anything other extension have to do with it? Domain names are what you make of them, don't others define what's good or not for you.

Cheers, and good luck.
Beauty in the eye of the beholder

•••
I have programmer////////////me which I bought because I am a programmer.

I've also got clever, valid, cheeky and some other ones nifty ones in .me that I'm rather proud of. I keep collecting them. I like them when they match the word "me".

Last edited:
•••
I have programmer////////////me which I bought because I am a programmer.

I've also got clever, valid, cheeky and some other ones nifty ones in .me that I'm rather proud of. I keep collecting them. I like them when they match the word "me".
c/l/e/v/e/r ] m/e. I will say, that's sexy

Last edited:
•••
c/l/e/v/e/r m/e. I will say, that's sexy
Thank you sir, I was very surprised and happy to find it land in my lap to be honest.

Do you have any nice .me's?

•••
Thank you sir, I was very surprised and happy to find it land in my lap to be honest.

Do you have any nice .me's?
I put in a bid for j/a/m/e/s m/e a while back, but got turned down. The owner is obviously a "James", some internet entrepreneur. I wanted it as my username is "james" in the Speedrun community, and I own "james dot com" in Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc (IDN)

Last edited:
•••
j/a/m/e/s m////e would be beautiful and worth holding on to if you can get that. I would be willing to throw a few sheckles towards owning my first name in .me. I had my first name in .co (sold recently) and I would much prefer to have the .me, I liked having the .co but I don't miss it. .ME would be a different story for me, but each to their own....

Last edited:
•••
•••
Only for a business related hack. Hire.me. Call.me. Find.me. Tutor.me. Massage.me. Paint.me. Fix.me. Mend.me. Build.me. Design.me. Meet.me. Secure.me. Clean.me. Move.me. Tattoo.me. Teach.me. Plumb.me. Spray.me. Bury.me. Castrate.me. Shoot.me. Ok that went a bit dark.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back