Dynadot

poll How frequently do you sell domain names?

NameSilo
Watch

How frequently do you sell domain names?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Every week

votes
    16.3%
  • Every month

votes
    29.3%
  • Every 3 months

votes
    20.3%
  • Every 6 months

votes
    11.4%
  • Every 1 year

votes
    17.1%
  • Every 5 years

votes
    5.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Irrespective of the amount of sale (amount being greater than $250), how frequently do you sell a domain name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get a yearly sale but I only have inventory of 50 domains.

•••
A lot less frequently than buy them then cull more than sold and then i am stuck with this portfolio. Awww some

•••
I selected "Every week" but where is "Every day" option for those who sells daily.
Irrespective of the amount of sale (amount being greater than $250), how frequently do you sell a domain name?

•••
I sell between 32-37 domain names each month, passively.
So around 1.15 sales/day on average.

(I do own a portfolio of +50k names)

Last edited:
•••
I selected "Every week" but where is "Every day" option for those who sells daily.
Do people do that? I meant above $250. If yes, I may be living under a rock or couldn't fathom people actually sell this much.

•••
I sell between 32-37 domain names each month, passively.
So around 1.15 sales/day on average.

(I do own a portfolio of +50k names)
Wow that's a lot of domains. What's your renewal costs annually, ball park figure ?

•••
•••
Do people do that? I meant above $250. If yes, I may be living under a rock or couldn't fathom people actually sell this much.
Yes, there are at least a few people who sells at least every day and a domain worth over $250.

•••
•••
6k per month? I do not think there is any entity on earth that sells that many - not even HugeDomains.

The range was in referece to average renewal fees. It is close to $6k/month.

Last edited:
•••
Selling names is not like selling SPAM or eggs.
I did not sell any name as I have zero trader rating. Just come here to create nonsense and BS threads.
I need to stop Spamming the forum.

•••
Selling names is not like selling SPAM or eggs.
I did not sell any name as I have zero trader rating. Just come here to create nonsense and BS threads.
I need to stop Spamming the forum.
Discussions and engaging the community is not spam. On the other hand, posting jokes about your non-existant wife in every other thread is. It contributes nothing to our community. And using some weird stock photo of a random old guy as your avatar is a bit deceiving as well.

Last edited:
•••
About 3 sales per week on average for 2022 so far. Looking forward to getting to 1 sale per 1 day average in 1-2 years.

•••
About 3 sales per week on average for 2022 so far. Looking forward to getting to 1 sale per 1 day average in 1-2 years.
That's amazing, congrats on the success.

•••
Between 6k-8k / month.
You said you own around 50k domains.

50,000 * 9 (renewal avg) = $450,000 / year = $37,500 / month.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
•••
You said you own around 50k domains.

50,000 * 9 (renewal avg) = $450,000 / year = $37,500 / month.

Am I missing something?

With that lot of domains you'll get a (special discounted) bulk price for renewals at some registrars.
But i guess that it won't be that high xx %. Maybe @Federer can clear things up (if he like to).

ps:
I sold 4 domains at the beginning of the year (january - march) with a small portfolio of <100. Don't know which vote would fit that situation exactly.

Last edited:
•••
I sell domains everyday... in my thoughts.

•••
This year i am sold 10+ domain

•••
For the most recent month, the median listing time of domains that sold was 29 months. The shortest was 33 days and the longest was over 10 years. Think about that. This is the time it took for domains to sell, but only a minuscule fraction of the domains on BrandBucket ever sell.

•••
•••
•••
Sell maybe 4 or 5 a year with a portfolio of 80ish.

•••
•••
You have 80 names and sell 4-5 per year? How much you sell them for?
Last 12 months have been $7XXX, $4XXX , $2XX, $3XXX and $9 lol.

•••
Back