IT.COM

poll How frequently do you sell domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How frequently do you sell domain names?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Every week

votes
    16.3%
  • Every month

votes
    29.3%
  • Every 3 months

votes
    20.3%
  • Every 6 months

votes
    11.4%
  • Every 1 year

votes
    17.1%
  • Every 5 years

votes
    5.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Irrespective of the amount of sale (amount being greater than $250), how frequently do you sell a domain name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sell between 32-37 domain names each month, passively.
So around 1.15 sales/day on average.

(I do own a portfolio of +50k names)

Last edited:
•••
Selling names is not like selling SPAM or eggs.
I did not sell any name as I have zero trader rating. Just come here to create nonsense and BS threads.
I need to stop Spamming the forum.
Discussions and engaging the community is not spam. On the other hand, posting jokes about your non-existant wife in every other thread is. It contributes nothing to our community. And using some weird stock photo of a random old guy as your avatar is a bit deceiving as well.

Last edited:
•••
I selected "Every week" but where is "Every day" option for those who sells daily.
Irrespective of the amount of sale (amount being greater than $250), how frequently do you sell a domain name?

•••
Between 6k-8k / month.
You said you own around 50k domains.

50,000 * 9 (renewal avg) = $450,000 / year = $37,500 / month.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
•••
You have 80 names and sell 4-5 per year? How much you sell them for?
Last 12 months have been $7XXX, $4XXX , $2XX, $3XXX and $9 lol.

•••
Some of the best statistics worldwide!
Only about a 5% sell through, I'm sure people have higher somewhere. I've found this year that I probably average about an hour a week actively looking through lists on expireddomains.net for any purchases (which are few and far between). If I do buy a new name it's anywhere from $2 to $150. I spend more time on namePros by far than I do actually domaining lol.

•••
•••
About 3 sales per week on average for 2022 so far. Looking forward to getting to 1 sale per 1 day average in 1-2 years.

•••
Sorry, how many domains do You have before and now after dropping them? My question is related to the fact that I still don't know if I should do this, so I am interested in statistics and personal experience of other domainers
Too many to mention. Some I have dropped and gotten offers of 3000 USD a month later.

Just got an offer today for 2800 USB for a domain which I was thinking about dropping on it's expiry date. Have been negotiating from 2000 USB with this buyer so the sale is assured. It's a niche domain in a scandinavian language.

There are no guarantees or timelines in this business.

•••
For the most recent month, the median listing time of domains that sold was 29 months. The shortest was 33 days and the longest was over 10 years. Think about that. This is the time it took for domains to sell, but only a minuscule fraction of the domains on BrandBucket ever sell.

•••
I get a yearly sale but I only have inventory of 50 domains.

•••
6k per month? I do not think there is any entity on earth that sells that many - not even HugeDomains.

The range was in referece to average renewal fees. It is close to $6k/month.

Last edited:
•••
Sell maybe 4 or 5 a year with a portfolio of 80ish.

•••
I Sell domain names almost Daily.

•••
One domain every 2.4 days (5 every 12 days) in 2022.

•••
Sorry, how many domains do You have before and now after dropping them? My question is related to the fact that I still don't know if I should do this, so I am interested in statistics and personal experience of other domainers
I have gone from around 5000+ domain names to around 450. This learning curve is important in my book. Those names all gave me some truths about this marketplace.

It's hard to tell what to drop. Read all you can in this forum. The names are valuable in many ways and in many different geographical regions. It's hard to tell without seeing a specific domain name.

Hand regs are supposedly impossible but I just registered a great one today, inspired by something my young son said to me.

•••
6k per month? I do not think there is any entity on earth that sells that many - not even HugeDomains.

The range was in referece to average renewal fees. It is close to $6k/month.

I believe HD might be selling that many. They probably have 8-9 million names and at 1% STR they are selling 80k to 90k names every year (6.7k to 7.6k per month)

•••
You said you own around 50k domains.

50,000 * 9 (renewal avg) = $450,000 / year = $37,500 / month.

Am I missing something?

With that lot of domains you'll get a (special discounted) bulk price for renewals at some registrars.
But i guess that it won't be that high xx %. Maybe @Federer can clear things up (if he like to).

ps:
I sold 4 domains at the beginning of the year (january - march) with a small portfolio of <100. Don't know which vote would fit that situation exactly.

Last edited:
•••
I sell domains everyday... in my thoughts.

•••
was selling around 110k around 46-50 names a year my month works from 1st july to 30 june.

I double the portfolio so I hope this year would be double but since last 11 days of this month NO sale.

6250 names now.

•••
1 - 2 to 3 per month
150 domain names in my portfolio

•••
•••
To be honest, this question is incorrect. It was more correct to ask what percentage of the total number of domains you sell per year. For example, like many here, I also sell 5-10 domains a year. but I have no more than 500 domains in my portfolio. Other domainers have several thousand domains in their assets and sell the same amount. Therefore, it is not entirely correct to talk about the frequency of sales for accurate statistics and understanding of the problem as a whole.

Last edited:
•••
I think people here should also write their portfolio size next to the amount of domains they sell.
Otherwise it does not show the whole picture but rather distorted one.

•••
You sell 'Every day'?! You must be a terrific domainer!!!

I sell every week.
I asked about the "every day" option just in case some domainer wants to select that option.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back