NameSilo

How do you get websites?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
How many domains do you have? I have only 1 because I have to get my dad to buy them for me. How do you get websites and domains? Do you get your parents to get them for you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I pay for domains through PayPal (the money in my PayPal comes from my bank acct.) and I have 55 domains currently. 4 .com domains, and the rest are .info domains which I got from the free promos.

•••
How do you link up your bank account up with paypal? I have never tried but do you need a specific account or something? I thought you needed a credit card account?!?!

Do you use all of the domains? 55 is a lot of websites! Do you make money out of them?

What promos are you on about and where do you find them?

Thanks a lot :)

•••
PoorDoggie said:
How do you link up your bank account up with paypal? I have never tried but do you need a specific account or something? I thought you needed a credit card account?!?!

Do you use all of the domains? 55 is a lot of websites! Do you make money out of them?

What promos are you on about and where do you find them?

Thanks a lot :)
You can register for an account at PayPal.com and it asks for all the bank account info in the signup (CC isn't require for a personal account). They're not 55 websites, they're 55 domains. I don't use all 55 domains I have them all parked at DomainHop. Some of the typos get a little traffic but nothing that much right now so you can say I don't mak any money from parking. There was a free .info promotion going on in alot of websites like dotster.com, domainsite.com, 1dni.com, namesecure.com, etc. but all the promotions have ended now.

•••
Ok, i see, so having a parked domain dosen't allow you to host a website. Why do you park all those domains then? Will you eventually get hosting for them?

•••
I parked all the domains because I'm not using them/ I don't have the time to develop them at the moment. I'm in high school now and don't have time to make websites anymore. I'm planning to develop 2 websites but that's when school ends because I will have more time and will be able to update the websites more often.

•••
My parents won't spend anything on this stuff. And neigher will I. I got 1 .com and 1 .net, I had 1 more of each but I gave them to help with the tsunamis. One got $20, the other got like $3 or $4. So I guess had I sold them it would have been a good investment. Together they costed me just 800NP. So 800NP for $24.

I'm gonna get some more .com/.nets. I have enough NP to get 4.

I got like 30 or 40 .infos, all except 2 are crap.

I don't have PayPal or a CC so I don't make any money from it.

•••
i have about 5 .coms, 5 .nets, and 3 .orgs and about 25 .infos ;)

•••
•••
They used to be, but arent anymore.....

•••
PoorDoggie said:
Are .info domains free?

You're 10 days too late...

Don't worry, no one really got anything great. I got 2 decent ones and a load of shit.

•••
Qwert said:
Don't worry, no one really got anything great.
What do you mean by "no one really got anything great"? There are alot of decent domains that were available, and registered by people. Maybe you didn't register anything great but how can that mean that no one else got anything great? FYI: I registered a typo set of a popular .info website and have received 2 uniques on two different domains today so far. :p

Last edited:
•••
Okay...

Well no one got sex.info from the free .infos...

•••
Qwert said:
Okay...

Well no one got sex.info from the free .infos...
LOL, who said that was the only great domain out there?

•••
It is the best....

LOL

No I can't come up with anything to argue so how about this, almost all of what got registered was crap.

•••
Qwert said:
No I can't come up with anything to argue so how about this, almost all of what got registered was crap.
Where do you come up with this conclusion? Prove it! :p

•••
I have like around 4-6 domains at DomainSite and pay for them through PayPal and im 13 :)

•••
HellFear said:
Where do you come up with this conclusion? Prove it! :p

Pretty obdivious isn't it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back