How Do I Achieve This?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Impact
200
I'm trying to add a feature on a site I'm building where visitors can access recommended news via something like this:

sas.png


I don't remember where I saw this so I hope I've depicted it well enough.

It's quite common on many news-related sites, but many use flash. I found a site that seems to be using Ajax but I can't be entirely sure. Is there a tutorial for this online? Or does anyone know what this called so I can search for tutorials online?

I'm searching for "ajax hover message" or "jquery hover message" but in vain.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
1
•••
Thanks for your help, JanineXD. :) Repped!
 
0
•••
You will need some javascript to achieve that effect. But you can easily achieve something similar in Dreamweaver CS4 with using sprites.
 
0
•••
Several ways to achieve that javascript, sprites or even easier using CSS, try Google I have seen that done with CSS a few times.
 
0
•••
1
•••
Javascript is definitely your best bet if you want to stay away from using Flash. There are plenty of good tutorials that will show you how to do this.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back