Dynadot

discuss How did you scale up in domaining?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just wanted to reach out to the biggies on this forum and ask how did they scale up? Here are some of the things that would help us as we scale:
  1. When did you start domaining?
  2. What was the initial capital invested?
  3. How did you build a cash flow?
  4. How did your business start scaling?
  5. How did you move into this full-time?
  6. How do you fund your life from domaining - what makes up for a steady income?
  7. What percentage of sales do you invest back?
  8. What's your story?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Actually not! That's a different question.

@AbdulBasit.com @Soofi @Nikul Sanghvi Please tag others who could share their valuable experience as well.

When did you start domaining?
Full time in 2010

What was the initial capital invested?
In low 3 figures.

How did you build a cash flow?
Hand registering domains and doing outbound for selling them in order to generate cash flow.

How did your business start scaling?
Buying low quality domains, doing outbound and adding up more domains in my portfolio. It took years of hard work to reach at this level to have 6,700+ domains at the moment.

How did you move into this full-time?
The cost of living in my country was and still is cheaper than Western nations so going full-time right from the start was not a high risk decision.

How do you fund your life from domaining - what makes up for a steady income?
I invest almost all my money back into domains for at least a decade. Now I've slowly changed the strategy and started saving.

What percentage of sales do you invest back?
Around 90%

What's your story?
One can easily find at AbdulBasit.com

•••
When did you start domaining?
Full time in 2010

What was the initial capital invested?
In low 3 figures.

How did you build a cash flow?
Hand registering domains and doing outbound for selling them in order to generate cash flow.

How did your business start scaling?
Buying low quality domains, doing outbound and adding up more domains in my portfolio. It took years of hard work to reach at this level to have 6,700+ domains at the moment.

How did you move into this full-time?
The cost of living in my country was and still is cheaper than Western nations so going full-time right from the start was not a high risk decision.

How do you fund your life from domaining - what makes up for a steady income?
I invest almost all my money back into domains for at least a decade. Now I've slowly changed the strategy and started saving.

What percentage of sales do you invest back?
Around 90%

What's your story?
One can easily find at AbdulBasit.com
This is amazing @AbdulBasit.com
You always share as much as possible!

•••
I have been collecting domains for my own ideas/projects since 2000 and some sold along the way. Started really building portfolio for sale around the time I joined NP, i.e. 2015.

Since then I have been doubling my .com portfolio every year and am at 18500 names now. So, basically, my renewal bill is at around 14k/month already.

The following 12 months might be the only period I might not double, since I need to focus on my own website and some other projects. So, probably will be at 25k-30k range in 12 months.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back