IT.COM

question How can a domain name be listed for sale on several registrars?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pig

Impact
When you search wildlifesaver.com on GoDaddy, it says it's for sale.
When you search the same domain name on Sedo, it says it's for sale.
When you go to wildlifesaver.com, HugeDomains says it's for sale.

How did they do that?

I've listed one of my domain names on Sedo using Sedo nameservers, and activated SedoMLS Premium. When searching the domain name on Sedo, it says it's for sale. But when searching it on GoDaddy, it just says it's taken, nothing about sale. How come?

How is wildlifesaver.com listed for sale on several registrars at the same time?

Thank you for any information.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

How did they do that?

I've listed one of my domain names on Sedo using Sedo nameservers, and activated SedoMLS Premium. When searching the domain name on Sedo, it says it's for sale. But when searching it on GoDaddy, it just says it's taken, nothing about sale. How come?

How is wildlifesaver.com listed for sale on several registrars at the same time?

Because people fry bacon on stove. What they do is list on more than one dinner place so that they don't eat out of the profit.

•••
How am I supposed to list on more than one marketplace if each requires their own nameservers??

I can use either ns1/ns2.sedoparking OR ns1/ns2.afternic, but not both. Or am I wrong?

•••
How am I supposed to list on more than one marketplace if each requires their own nameservers??

I can use either ns1/ns2.sedoparking OR ns1/ns2.afternic, but not both. Or am I wrong?

Well, you can only use one nameserver at a time. Keep in mind, though, that sometimes a domain investor rotates their nameservers regularly, such as in doing ad-parking to maximize revenue. For domains aftermarkets, one could do this as well. This might, however, affect your commission rate. Generally, the nameserver-pointing is associated with a lower commission, if a purchase goes through that lander to that marketplace.

It's a competitive industry, so another marketplace has no vested interest to promote another marketplace's listings.
It is a shame, though, that there wasn't some commission-splitting arrangement, allowing the sale listing to show up on either of these two big platforms---or any marketplace, for that matter.
That might be a real plus for the domain owner, to have all the major aftermarkets collaborating to maximize a listing's visibility.

Last edited:
•••

How did they do that?

Godaddy hasn't been a SedoMLS partner for a very long time.

The reason you see theirs at Godaddy and not yours, is because they also list through Afternic.

If you want it listed at Godaddy, you'll need list through Afternic.

I hope this clears it up for you.

•••
Well, you can only use one nameserver at a time. Keep in mind, though, that sometimes a domain investor rotates their nameservers regularly, such as in doing ad-parking to maximize revenue. For domains aftermarkets, one could do this as well. This might, however, affect your commission rate. Generally, the nameserver-pointing is associated with a lower commission, if a purchase goes through that lander to that marketplace.

It's a competitive industry, so another marketplace has no vested interest to promote another marketplace's listings.
It is a shame, though, that there wasn't some commission-splitting arrangement, allowing the sale listing to show up on either of these two big platforms---or any marketplace, for that matter.
That might be a real plus for the domain owner, to have all the major aftermarkets collaborating to maximize a listing's visibility.

Godaddy hasn't been a SedoMLS partner for a very long time.

The reason you see theirs at Godaddy and not yours, is because they also list through Afternic.

If you want it listed at Godaddy, you'll need list through Afternic.

I hope this clears it up for you.

Got it. Thank you.

•••
Depends on the partnership of your registrar with market places like Sedo and Afternic. For example Dynadot works with both Sedo and Afternic but Namecheap have agreement only with Sedo.
Nameserver just decides the landing page if someone types domain in a browser. You may have your own custom landing page and still list domains at Sedo, Afternic, Dan etc
Read more at:
https://www.namepros.com/blog/a-deeper-look-at-domain-name-fast-transfer-sales-networks.1288722/
While listing at Sedo you have to verify the ownership using txt records. You may have to use basic DNS settings at this point. Once the name is verified by Sedo change it to custom name servers

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back