NameSilo

How are .info domains different?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
They seem cheaper than .com and the others, but are there differences in registration rules or anything a newbie should be aware of before we try one?

Thanks - perhaps you can save me an hour or two of rtfm myself :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No major difference, but the recent promotion of .info (cheap cheap cheap FREE) has meant that anything with even any potentional has probably been registered. End user prices have probably fallen because people are aware that maybe the seller got it for free, so would feel a little hesitant in paying good money.

•••
they can be used for pretty much anything i think

•••
they are used for sites wanting to give out information

•••
They're just like good stocks though IMHO right now. The recent promo has really put a damper on the value, though some have sold at good prices, and so they're a little cheaper at the moment. However, I think they're definitely worth it for the long term investment as those 1 year registrations start to wear off.

Personally, .info is growing on me and is right underneath .us on my list.

•••
why would it being registered for free matter? it's not like it's better or worse? That's like saying yahoo offering 5 dollar .coms makes them worse than netsol's .coms heh.

•••
.info was and is still free at some places. (Hurry though, they'll probabally end it before 2K5)

If it's not free it's cheep because you can get it free elsewhere.

•••
I like .info's. I think they are my second choice behind .com's when i am looking for domains to register. I don't think the recent freebie deal has done .info's any harm. Infact, i suspect that other second tier TLD extensions will probably follow suite sometime next year (eg. biz, .ws and .cc).

•••
RaptorRex said:
How are .info domains different?

They have 4 letters instead of 3. :laugh:

Really no different. Very vesatile in use. INFO Translates well into almost every major language as the meaning "information", They are reasonable to get either new or even on the secondary market. Well over 50% of my portfolio are .info's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back