Dynadot

question How and where to sell domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi all,
I am new in this business, bought my first domain on 8 October 2015, bought some more after that. Thought that I can sell them in a month or two but now I am getting frustrated. There are thousands and thousands of domains for sale. All those auctions and listings that I am the only one who views my domains. I have listed my domain on websites that don't ask for an upfront fee, I am not ready to pay an upfront fee that ranges from $10-70 for an auction that might result in no winner and only leads to waste of more money. I have listed my domains on Godaddy, Sedo, Flippa, Bido, Namepros and many more but it hasn't resulted in a single offer. I have decreased my asking price for all the domains and I don't know if I have any more options. I am thinking of buying many more domains so that I can have at least 1 sale per month but I need a real solution for this question:

How and where to sell domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My friend, domaining is a game of patience and quality portfolio, not quantity. Yes, if you have quality portfolio of so many domains, it can work for your advantage.

Not sure what quality your domains hold, but have you tried outreaching to end users via email? It works for many here.

Lastly, never give up, domaining is not something you can get results instantly (at least not all the time). So keep your spirits high and keep doing your part of the job, i.e., selling them with as many exposure as possible.

Good luck

•••
Thanks for your opinion @Pliq

Can you give your precious time to answer these questions?

1- How can I get the emails of end-users? How would I know who is looking for a domain or starting a company, etc?
2- How can I get maximum exposure?

•••
Thanks for your opinion @Pliq

Can you give your precious time to answer these questions?

1- How can I get the emails of end-users? How would I know who is looking for a domain or starting a company, etc?
2- How can I get maximum exposure?

To answer your questions, you have to tell me what type of domains you have?
* Brandables (dictionary words)?
* Brandables (made-up words like syrioco .com)
* Geo domains (city+service)
* Keyword domains?

•••
Different categories. At first I was interested in brandables, I have many that I will register after I make the first sale. But I also bought other domains because I read at different sites that it's hard to sell non-dictionary/made-up words.. So these are the domains I have.

naxev.com
onaxt.com
naxevo.com
naxeva.com
101001.net
6161616.net
662242.net
totallygeared.com
revo.agency
stockdepartment.com

•••
Different categories. At first I was interested in brandables, I have many that I will register after I make the first sale. But I also bought other domains because I read at different sites that it's hard to sell non-dictionary/made-up words.. So these are the domains I have.

naxev.com
onaxt.com
naxevo.com
naxeva.com
101001.net
6161616.net
662242.net
totallygeared.com
revo.agency
stockdepartment.com

For the brandables, have you tried listing your domains on brandable domain marketpalces, like BrandBucket and etc.?

For numeric domains, have you list them on 4.cn and Bido.com?

For now, I would only suggest to list your domains to as many marketplaces as possible. Since they are not purely generic domains, it's going to be a little difficult to find potential buyers.

But for "totallygeared" and "stockdepartment", do the following:

Search your domains on google using this: allinurl:totally+geared

Then if you find any relevant companies using these words in their main domain name, pitch them with your domains.

•••
No so fast my friend. This business can't get you fast profit. I can advice you to create simple landing pages for all your domain names.

•••
And you can PM me - we can place your domain names on our market as well.

•••
domain business needed more patient for getting more profit but u also need to invest more money for obtain best result with branded name domain.

•••
I recommend you search for any info relating to 'liquidity'. There is some really good info here on NP about liquidity. With the right liquid domains, you can get your full investment back if you ever NEED to sell. Also pay attention to SOLD patterns and trends.

Best of luck!

•••
Thanks for all you who have answered and the topic creator. I have same questions, I am also a new in selling domain but not for this business. I actually wanna sell my two domain which is running, because of budget I can not keep it after a month I would not be able to renew (actually do not wanna renew), I can not maintain all them.
I never did this so want help for domain transferring process. If I find someone how to transfer it. sedo, flippa will take all these as I came to know If person mail me how to do this?

•••
Hi,
I'm new to NP but it seems a lovely place with a great potential :)
I also like Flippa because I have 3+ years of selling experience there and I want to say there's a lot of potential in this marketplace but only if you have valuable domains. For 'bargains' like under $20 it's not so suitable I think.
Daniel.

•••
For the brandables, have you tried listing your domains on brandable domain marketpalces, like BrandBucket and etc.?

For numeric domains, have you list them on 4.cn and Bido.com?

For now, I would only suggest to list your domains to as many marketplaces as possible. Since they are not purely generic domains, it's going to be a little difficult to find potential buyers.

But for "totallygeared" and "stockdepartment", do the following:

Search your domains on google using this: allinurl:totally+geared

Then if you find any relevant companies using these words in their main domain name, pitch them with your domains.

I have listed them on Bido and the auction will start in 1-2 days for 2 numeric domains. I have a huge list of marketplaces which I have to list my domains in and 4.cn is one of them.

As for the brandables, many experienced people on namepros have adviced me to put my names on BrandBucket or BrandRoot but even they say that out of there 300+ names on brandbucket, only 2-5 sell in a year and you would also have witnessed that many people are selling their brandbucket accepted names on namepros for 50$!! When I am going to invest money, I feel that it would be better to buy more quality domains rather than spend the money on BrandBucket or Flippa Auction or any paid service. I may be wrong but I just don't think that it would be worth. In the next few days if I don't start receiving offers I will put naxev.com on Flippa for 9$. But not on BB.

For "totallygeared" and "stockdepartment", I followed your advice and found one potential buyer for StockDepartment.com. Thank you very much @Pliq .

I recommend you search for any info relating to 'liquidity'. There is some really good info here on NP about liquidity. With the right liquid domains, you can get your full investment back if you ever NEED to sell. Also pay attention to SOLD patterns and trends.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your advice @Domainzy . As far as I have understood domain liquidity, the .com's have been bought and now the war is on .net and .co .. Not sure if I should invest in them.

•••
Thanks for your advice @Domainzy . As far as I have understood domain liquidity, the .com's have been bought and now the war is on .net and .co .. Not sure if I should invest in them.

Demand= Liquidity= You can sell at anytime and recoup your investment.

Im sorry to be blunt, but you need to do more research on liquidity. What you just said is the exact opposite of liquidity. IMO Yes .net and .co has a aspect of liquidity to it, but when you compare the exact name .com to the exact .net or .co...... .com is King.

There is only a small handful of categories in .com with near instant liquidity... examples LL.com LLL.com LLLL.com NN.com NNN.com NNNN.com NNNNN.com and short one word .com's with commercial value

The markets in .net and .co are tiny in comparison.

•••
Apart from listing your domains in popular auction sites, do you guys personally contact the potential buyers via WHO IS email or any other sources?

•••
Apart from listing your domains in popular auction sites, do you guys personally contact the potential buyers via WHO IS email or any other sources?

There has been some great questions and answers on here. There is a lot of information on this forum itself on what to do it really comes down to reading.

To answer your question though it is very important to do both. You want to make sure you list your domain in popular marketplaces and also reach out to people by email. The important aspect though is make sure you are reaching to the right people.

Who are the right people?

People who have similar domains, you can use many tools that will help you, one in particular is Zfbot.com. Reach out to people ranking for your domain keyword on Google I usually reach out to the top 50. Finally make good use of spyfu.com and see what companies are running current ads for your domain keyword term these people are spending money to rank up there and will find your domain to be beneficial..

A good tip is to make sure you have your domains parked or forward to a sales type of page. If you get quality names you will get visitors to your site and this can result in offers to buy your domain by having the right type of page up. There are some parking services that offer sales lander that are effective.

- Will

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back