Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atta

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I created a new website for WordPress services & support: https://hostingdork.com.

Can you please spare few minutes to look at it and let me know how you find it?

Many thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you plan on running this site yourself to provide Wordpress services or do you plan on selling the site as it is ?

•••
@Dotword it is for my own services. Not for sale.

•••
IMO its a decent looking site. It loaded fast on my laptop and looks nice. Some layout issues. My observations / thoughts below. All meant with good intent. I was using a Chrome browser btw.

- Text on the home page runs over the pencils image so is distracting.

- The No-Nonense Pricing section on https://hostingdork.com/wordpress-hosting/ has screwy layout for me.

- Not a fan of the hero image. Nor the text as it seems too busy. Nice words so keep, but suggest moving and using something to grab user more.

- I expected the "Get Started" button on the home page to take me straight to a login/sign-up but it doesnt and you may lose people there.

- The "Free Quote" is a little strange as I have to fill in lots of (too many) boxes which have prices on them so I know the quote anyway don't I?

- Overall I didn't see the killer offer to make me sign-up. You talk about "reduced" but has it really been reduced (may have to check the legal aspect there)??? And the info is a little overbearing.

- What are you trying to get the user to do, how do you intend to get them to do that and do you think you have nailed it? Maybe walk through a use case or two (I guess you have already) now the site is maturing.

Good luck!

•••
IMO its a decent looking site. It loaded fast on my laptop and looks nice. Some layout issues. My observations / thoughts below. All meant with good intent. I was using a Chrome browser btw.

- Text on the home page runs over the pencils image so is distracting.

- The No-Nonense Pricing section on https://hostingdork.com/wordpress-hosting/ has screwy layout for me.

- Not a fan of the hero image. Nor the text as it seems too busy. Nice words so keep, but suggest moving and using something to grab user more.

- I expected the "Get Started" button on the home page to take me straight to a login/sign-up but it doesnt and you may lose people there.

- The "Free Quote" is a little strange as I have to fill in lots of (too many) boxes which have prices on them so I know the quote anyway don't I?

- Overall I didn't see the killer offer to make me sign-up. You talk about "reduced" but has it really been reduced (may have to check the legal aspect there)??? And the info is a little overbearing.

- What are you trying to get the user to do, how do you intend to get them to do that and do you think you have nailed it? Maybe walk through a use case or two (I guess you have already) now the site is maturing.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for wonderful feedback. It really helped me to fix/update many things. I fixed the text and pricing issues so far.

For the rest of the stuff, I agree with you. It is not appealing yet. I'm going to integrate membership plugin soon, so it will make everything streamlined. User will be able to sign up directly without any quotes etc.

•••
If your providing a service like hosting you should look into a custom design. This one looks like it came off of ThemeForest. I didn't look. Focus on the service and offerings to your future clients. Don't get into the hype of lower prices will bring them. Their are people that pay for good service.

I searched but never found how much space, bandwidth, other resources you offer for your hosting. I also think you need to edit some of your services for the golden email. They all say that. I also think you also charge a bit more then others for some of your services that are super simple like theme install unless its a custom them your developing for them.

just my take.

•••
If your providing a service like hosting you should look into a custom design. This one looks like it came off of ThemeForest. I didn't look. Focus on the service and offerings to your future clients. Don't get into the hype of lower prices will bring them. Their are people that pay for good service.

I searched but never found how much space, bandwidth, other resources you offer for your hosting. I also think you need to edit some of your services for the golden email. They all say that. I also think you also charge a bit more then others for some of your services that are super simple like theme install unless its a custom them your developing for them.

just my take.

Hi, Thank you for great feedback. I updated the hosting specs as you suggested. The website is just launched and I'm trying to improve it regularly.

•••
I know this is almost a week old, but just took a look and I will say I think the pricing is a bit off. $20 a month to host 1 website? That's almost $250 a year for 1 website...I pay less than $50 a year for unlimited website hosting on a shared plan...and that's from a well-known professional host. Then you have an option for $40 a month for unlimited small changes? If someone needs a lot of changes or help, that price seems a bit off. What kind of help are you offering? And lastly, you only offer support for half the day...is this just you running the show? Because if so, you might get tired pretty quickly of responding to support tickets 7 days a week for stupid problem after stupid problem.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back