Dynadot

Hosting Recommendations?

NameSilo
Watch

Ugly Face

Established Member
Impact
What up world? I work a terribly boring job that affords me too much free time to waste just reading facebook and watching puppy videos on youtube so I want to turn some of these silly domains I've recently purchased into serviceable websites. Any recommendations on solid/affordable hosting services? I know I could just be lazy and use GoDaddy but I assume they aren't the best option (maybe I'm wrong). I have a little experience with wordpress but it's been years. Not a programmer/techy person so usability is paramount.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello, i think that Namecheap is better than Godaddy. I have been with NC quite long time. They have good support & uptime.

•••
Bump. Any super savvy/amazing hosting recommendations that will super impress me? Prove your value in the world people.

•••
I use "TSOHost" for hosting.
I found them some years back to host my websites, and they are really good.

They're fast, reliable, great uptime, great tools for main software and simple click to install things like Wordpress. They have their own datacentres (UK) and their support is great - ticket system and telephone.

I have an affiliate account so have just created a 10% off coupon for this thread, 20 users can use this coupon so feel free to use it (it's is only posted here on NamePros ;) )

When you get to the checkout, use "NP01" and you will get 10% off hosting :)

•••
I would recommend: MDDHosting, HostGator, or BlueHost. All affordable imo.

•••
I got three years of hosting unlimited traffic, sites, and comes with softacoulas license pre-installed for $125 total, ($3.47/ per month)

I have over 20 mini-sites on one account now and have 0 lag/down time.

They host any kind of content as well and backbone into an OC-16 <---wicked fast. Certified Hosting

I used the pre-install scripts to get wordpress and tubesite online in under 8 minutes.

•••
I would never recommended hostgator or any EIG related hosting company. Stay away from them. I use them previously and support, etc is no longer good like old days. Look at reviews.

•••
i recomend WHDMS.COM good hosting site

•••
I would never recommended hostgator or any EIG related hosting company. Stay away from them. I use them previously and support, etc is no longer good like old days. Look at reviews.

I agree. They now own Arvixe - my current host and they are simply horrible. Arvixe was soooo good prior to EIG. And now they are possibly the worst I could imagine. Sites are down for over 2 weeks and cannot get them up. Chat, phone, email - all useless.

So I am seeking a REPUTABLE firm. I was just going to use GoDaddy. All my domains are with them... seems like they could host some simple websites. Any reason why GD would be a poor choice? I just need uptime.

•••
Again, cannot recommend TSOHost dot com enough.
I found them by chance a few years back. Their domain management is great and easy to add domains - any domain in your account can be added to hosting with a mouse click.

Their control panel and options are easy, and a few mouse clicks to install various software, like Wordpress. Billing, everything is straightforward while not lacking in functionality/options.

The customer support is amazing. Phone is 9am to midnight, and tickets 24hr. I've never spent a great deal and they've answered loads of tickets and always polite, and sometimes gave a goodwill gesture to resolve an issue. I've never felt like a low spending customer.

The affiliate link I posted above is still live, feel free to use it for 10% off hosting.

When you get to the checkout, use "NP01" and you will get 10% off hosting :)

Oh, and certain hosting packages gives you a free domain name or transfer too, and up to 10 free transfers ;)

(I'm not affiliated, I just really like them and have had bad hosting experiences in the past, but not with these)

•••
I would recommend: MDDHosting, HostGator, or BlueHost. All affordable imo.

BlueHost is a great deal, especially if you sign up for the 3 year unlimited-domain package. Comes with WP. Cheers.

•••
I would recommend HawkHost, Crocweb, StableHost and Geekstorage.

•••
I would recommend: MDDHosting.

Just signed up with these guys. Opened one ticket on the weekend and answered in 5 minutes.
Control panel is CLEAN. No ads. No banners. It's amazing how cluttered the EIG brands panels are.

Money back offer.

Can find coupons for first year off but their entry level is cheap anyway. They don't seem to come up with fancy names for things either which seems honest... i.e. LiteSpeed vs "Turbo Powered x2"

•••
The best hosting ever is SiteGround, amazing service and unbelievable support - 3 years with no problems

•••
Try HostiServer.com a lot of legit Hosting packages/Domain registration. We will take care of you.

•••
I use Digital Pacific. They have great technical support:

digitalpacific.com.au

•••
hostgator best for getting long validity hosting.

•••
•••
Back