Dynadot

HostGator vs GoDaddy vs Netfirms

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to compare the following three hosting options:

Godaddy, Netfirms, HostGator

I have been using netfirms free hosting option and I love their customer service so far. Im thinking of making the plunge into a business hosting plan but first I want to compare with some of the competition.

So my first step is to ask the pros which hosting is best:

So far I am narrowing my search to:

Hostgator.com (dont know much about them, but the come recomended)
netfirms.com (love the customer service. the plans are bit pricey are still competative)
godaddy.com (plans look good, i've heard bad things about this one)

I dont want to open the floodgates with hundreds of other suggestions, i really just want to compare these three options in this thread. however, if you know of another option that you feel I must explore, feel free to mention it.

Thanks, more feedback comming!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been with HostGator for years now. Never had a problem with downtime, customer support is superb as I always use live chat and get a person available within 2 minutes everytime. Sorry I don't know much about netfirms.com but I would stay away from godaddy you just don't need to put all your eggs in one basket by having a domain registrar supply your hosting also. I don't know thats just what I've learned. Hope this helps.

•••
I vote for hostgator as well. I got no problem with them and their service is fast.

•••
I have been with HostGator for atleast 2 years, and I do not ever have any problem with them.I remember that I switched to HostGator when there's some promotion during that time.Their customer support is good as well, I always get fast reply from them.

•••
Hostgator all the way. I use them since 2004 and I'm glad to say that they do their job.

•••
I will also vote for Hostgator as I am using it and very happy with it. :)
Simply the best.

- Digital -

•••
Out of the three, Godaddy's got (in my experience) the slowest server performance and uptime, so I'd put them out of your list as far as hosting is concerned. I think they're decent for domain registrations.

Netfirms has uptime on its side (their infrastructure and cluster based hosting solution really works it would appear), but performance is lacking. You get a good mix of both uptime and performance from Hostgator though, even if the price might turn out to be a bit higher.

•••
If you do the search for the domain names of them I beleve you will be able to find something intersting.
Godaddy is good domain name registrar. The feedbacks about them as about web hosting provider are not really good

•••
I assume the Internet is plentyfull of the reviews for them and I assume that would be not a problem at all to find out more information for them or about them

•••
I suppose you need to do thge search for the domain names of them on the forums using different SE. I suppose in this case you will have some results to review

•••
Thanks for all the tips. Looks like HostGator has a lot of confidence here!

•••
In my experience companies offering the "impossible" should be avoided.

When Seagate starts making drives with unlimited storage capacity and optical fiber starts growing on trees, then hosting companies can actually provide unlimited diskspace and bandwidth.

I vote of Media Temple. Good luck.

•••
I have both a reseller account with HostGator and a Dedicated Server with NewServers. The only issues I have had with HostGator revolved around setting up a customized backup solution for the sites located on the reseller account. Other than that it has been a fairly decent provider. I've heard both positives and negatives for GoDaddy I can't speak much in that department as I don't use them for web hosting and don't really plan on doing so in the near future. Good luck with your choice and make sure to sign up with a coupon code!

•••
none, but with those 3 id go for hostgator, heard good stuff about them and have dealt a lots of sites that are with them.

there are much better and much cheaper ones out there though.

•••
none, but with those 3 id go for hostgator, heard good stuff about them and have dealt a lots of sites that are with them.

there are much better and much cheaper ones out there though.

Maybe you are right. But it seems that OP is looking for the choice among them.
Kust can't say they are one of the cheapest over there.

•••
Out of those 3 the only one worth mentioning is Hostgator. Hostgator has the best track record and also the best customer service.

•••
I have been on hostgator years ago and was so happy with the service. Support is #1. I can't see any of the support like hostgator have.

•••
Out of those 3 the only one worth mentioning is Hostgator. Hostgator has the best track record and also the best customer service.
It seems that he is already made the choice for the web hosting and that is hostgator

•••
I recommend hostgator as well, I got three accounts with them so far.

•••
I assume the Internet is plentyfull of the reviews for them and I assume that would be not a problem at all to find out more information for them or about them

The problem with the above approach is that the vast majority of results in search engines are populated by heavily (and skillfully) optimized sites that do not offer objective or first-hand reviews, but try to sell you hosting via affiliate links etc.

I think it's a good idea to ask here.

I have two dedicated servers with Hostgator (they are a ThePlanet reseller), plus a lot of reseller and shared hosting accounts with them. I've used dozens of hosting providers, and can say with confidence that Hostgator is by far the best I've seen so far. Their support is absolutely first-rate and they've solved all issues in a timely fashion, and I've had some difficult technical issues to be solved.

I have no financial ties with hostgator, I'm just a happy customer and I think they deserve some Kudos for providing such a great service.

•••
GoDaddy is really cheap, but hostgator is great.

•••
Hostgator by a long shot. I dont know why GoDaddy is so popular. Horrible control panel.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back