Honest opinions welcomed.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I am slowly working on prestonames.com. Its a website selling my portfolio.

Its taking some time to add all the domains.

I would love some feedback on the way. If you could take a look and have any feedback to offer, I would love to hear it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

for starters
a. i don't like the font art as it makes the domain names look fuzzy and that doesn't look professional

b. you use the word 'business" 4 times in first paragraph

c.
Choosing a business name, and therefore a domain name
rewrite as: "Choosing a domain name for your company, service or startup"

Good Luck

imo...

•••
I agree on 200% with @biggie .
+ prices are in AUD => make it in USD !!!

Make it simple and easy to navigate with shortest way to cart, I just put all in excel =)

imo
Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
Hard to read anything font is awful i gave up trying to read it and agree with above.

•••
I agree on 200% with @biggie .
+ prices are in AUD => make it in USD !!!

Make it simple and easy to navigate with shortest way to cart, I just put all in excel =)

imo
Good Luck
Im Australian.I have to pay conversion fees if I accept payments in other currencies. There are USD options on each listing to buy on marketplaces if people dont want AUD and escrow.

Do you feel there is a problem with the navigation?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for all your comments so far. I appreciate them and am willing to accept more feedback if anyone has any.

@biggie and @lock good point about the font. I have changed that.

@biggie I never noticed that 'business' was mentioned so many times, lol. And thanks for the improved phrasing.

•••
Im Australian.I have to pay conversion fees if I accept payments in other currencies. There are USD options on each listing to buy on marketplaces if people dont want AUD and escrow.

Do you feel there is a problem with the navigation?
USD is the Global Currency.
(it's like .COM domains in domaining)

Navigation is awesome, there is even "go to top button".
I wrote: shortest way to cart. As for me it works like a funnel.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
USD is the Global Currency.
(it's like .COM domains in domaining)

Navigation is awesome, there is even "go to top button".
I wrote: shortest way to cart. As for me it works like a funnel.

IMO
I guess I can consider USD. I want to encourage as many people as possible to buy.
Im glad the navigation is ok, thank you.

•••
New font is better, design is unique and looks good. (y)

•••
New font is better, design is unique and looks good. (y)
Thanks! I was trying to go for something new and unique, rather than the same as everyone else, but then had a crisis and wondered if I was doing the right thing and if it looked ok. Thank you, that makes me feel a bit better.

•••
I guess I can consider USD. I want to encourage as many people as possible to buy.
Im glad the navigation is ok, thank you.
If you want to encourage as many people as possible it's also good to park names on some marketplaces, sell here on namepross, also signature link to prestonames.com ... + list all names, 4L too... =)

imo
Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I am just starting to sort through them. Got some on some market places! Not put any on here yet, but I am aiming for retail prices, not wholesale. I’ll see how I go with that.
Thanks for the signature tip. When I list some of my better names I’ll put them in.

•••
Thanks. I am just starting to sort through them. Got some on some market places! Not put any on here yet, but I am aiming for retail prices, not wholesale. I’ll see how I go with that.
Thanks for the signature tip. When I list some of my better names I’ll put them in.
Oh, I see. "aiming for retail prices" - most of us wish to sell high too (buy low, sell high). If it's not a secret where/how do you plan to get end buyers ?

Thanks

•••
Oh, I see. "aiming for retail prices" - most of us wish to sell high too (buy low, sell high). If it's not a secret where/how do you plan to get end buyers ?

Thanks
😂 yeah, that’s totally a secret!!

•••
Much better but still not liking the design i would change bottom half to more solid looking keep stripes dots at top https://cooltext.com/ is a cool logo maker for text.

•••
😂 yeah, that’s totally a secret!!

You broke my heart =)

Anyway, I wish you Good Luck with prestonames and in general ( I got it just now: you called it "presto" like speed, but start post with "I am slowly working", ha-ha ). Domaining it's not a rush - from one point of view, but from other - things are shifting so fast, what works few years/months ago don't works anymore. So post domains on website/market before renewal come =)

So sorry, for me it's just not easy to focus. Just now I noticed thread location "Web Design Reviews".
One more exp domainer told me smth like "Marketing for domains is more important than Design", when I was doing a website selling my portfolio and logos for domains.

1-st There are get ready markeplaces + socials + forums (like this one) ... use them

2-nd If you still want to create you own ones, used best of the best as startpoint, as most of them are already made with worldclass UI/UI practices

IMO
Good Luck

•••
You broke my heart =)

Anyway, I wish you Good Luck with prestonames and in general ( I got it just now: you called it "presto" like speed, but start post with "I am slowly working", ha-ha ). Domaining it's not a rush - from one point of view, but from other - things are shifting so fast, what works few years/months ago don't works anymore. So post domains on website/market before renewal come =)

So sorry, for me it's just not easy to focus. Just now I noticed thread location "Web Design Reviews".
One more exp domainer told me smth like "Marketing for domains is more important than Design", when I was doing a website selling my portfolio and logos for domains.

1-st There are get ready markeplaces + socials + forums (like this one) ... use them

2-nd If you still want to create you own ones, used best of the best as startpoint, as most of them are already made with worldclass UI/UI practices

IMO
Good Luck
Im sorry I broke your heart...though truth be told, I will work on the marketing strategy after I am happy with the damm site and that could be never! I nearly had a magic theme eg hey presto, I can magic you up a business name and was going to do a 'bewitched' style design (like the 50s tv bewitched), but went with presto, speed, eg I can get you a business name quickly as its already on this site. Im still a little undecided if I went with the right decision.

I agree, marketing is more important. Ive seen plenty of domain sites that are just a list. I want a memorable design (memorable for good reasons) so people remember it and I want to feel really happy with it. Im usually happy, but not REALLY happy with my designs. Hence asking for feedback.

Thanks for the luck!

•••
Much better but still not liking the design i would change bottom half to more solid looking keep stripes dots at top https://cooltext.com/ is a cool logo maker for text.
I appreciate all feedback, but I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about the homepage or the logo?

•••
I don't want to dishearten you as all is learning but you need to think what would a company accept, or would you spend? I also have some crappy sites but all work in progress. In other words you need to improve and so do i. I learn every day and improve we all do and know how proud you are to accomplish the next step so keep going.

Last edited:
•••
I don't want to dishearten you as all is learning but you need to think what would a company accept, or would you spend? I also have some crappy sites but all work in progress. In other words you need to improve and so do i. I learn every day and improve we all do and know how proud you are to accomplish the next step so keep going.
You won’t dishearten me. It’s fine. I just want honest feedback on the design. I just wanted to try something different.

If you think it’s a load of crap and I should just make it look like every other corporate domain site out there, then just say it. I don’t mind at all. I wouldn’t ask if I couldn’t take it.

•••
Just to say thanks for all the feedback so far!

I have changed all the prices to USD and also have an option to buy via market places.

I also want to say thanks to whomever tried to put a quantity of 2 in the cart :ROFL: (my analytics told me!!). I didnt realise this was possible and have now changed that on all the products. So thanks so much.

•••
•••
•••
Just my two cents, but the design is horrific. If I came across this site I would click away immediately. It hurts my eyes to even look at it. Scrap the design and start again.

•••
Just my two cents, but the design is horrific. If I came across this site I would click away immediately. It hurts my eyes to even look at it. Scrap the design and start again.
Thanks for the honest opinion. I had another idea to have a theme of magic (like hey presto), but I’ll maybe just change it to a standard boring corporate design, to stay on the safe side

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back