Dynadot

information HOLLY SH*T B@LLS! MailBird Rocks! - Forget MS MAIL/OUTLOOK/THUNDERBIRD

NameSilo
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

It's not often that I get excited enough about a product that I feel the need to post about it on a forum.

BUT this is one of those exceptions.

Let me give you a bit of backstory... I used to always use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client

It worked well up until a few months ago when it just went crazy and was having endless issues with it syncing with my mail server. So I moved over to MS MAIL for windows 10.

HOLLY [email protected] is downright HORRIBLE...I hate it, it's loaded with bugs and it slow as well and almost NO functionality... frustrating as hell... so I tolerated it for a few months thinking I would get used to it and maybe the bugs will get sorted... after like 4 months of using it I eventually flipped out and went crazy this morning cos it just drove me to "that point" ....u know when u want to smash ur fist through the monitor...lol

Before I went ahead and grabbed a Outlook license... (didn't want to do that) I decided to just out of interest check out MAILBIRD... using the free version and it's AWESOME!!

Folks, this is hands down brilliant... it also has unified messaging...so I can integrate my watsapp and other social media apps into the mail client... so all ur messages in one place... I just used the watsapp module for now and it's perfect.. email and watsapp all in one client...NICE!

It also has an awesome layout and works about twice as fast as MS mail, smooth and bug free with plenty of customization options... 2 thumbs up from me

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awesome, How do the features compare to Thunderbird? That's what I have been using for an extremely long time so it's what I would compare it to as far as features and functionality.

Any limits in the free version as far as number of accounts?

I'm gonna have to check this out, iv'e been looking for a new email client. Tried Opera Mail and wasn't impressed at all...

Thanks for sharing this. :)

•••
Awesome, How do the features compare to Thunderbird? That's what I have been using for an extremely long time so it's what I would compare it to as far as features and functionality.

Any limits in the free version as far as number of accounts?

I'm gonna have to check this out, iv'e been looking for a new email client. Tried Opera Mail and wasn't impressed at all...

Thanks for sharing this. :)

Dude this thing is blowing my mind....lol The more I use it the more I love it...

Functionality it beats thunderbird hands down... it;s super smoooth... :)

The free version allows 3 mail account but the pro version has unlimited accounts and it is like $1 per month (paid annually) or $45 for lifetime... I'm almost definitely going to upgrade to the pro version..will just use this for a few day to make sure I;m happy with it

•••
Dude this thing is blowing my mind....lol The more I use it the more I love it...

The free version allows 3 mail account but the pro version has unlimited accounts and it is like $1 per month (paid annually) or $45 for lifetime... I'm almost definitely going to upgrade to the pro version..will just use this for a few day to make sure I;m happy with it
Awesome, thank for the info.

I would definitely need more than the free one, I have dozens of email accounts that I need to access and use.
A $1 a month is great, can't beat that with what it's offering.

Gonna go check it out now. Thanks again for the heads-up. One thing I have been looking for but haven't had the time to do it. Thanks for saving me some time. :)

•••
Awesome, thank for the info.

I would definitely need more than the free one, I have dozens of email accounts that I need to access and use.
A $1 a month is great, can't beat that with what it's offering.

Gonna go check it out now. Thanks again for the heads-up. One thing I have been looking for but haven't had the time to do it. Thanks for saving me some time. :)

Only a pleasure dude.... let me know what u think when u have time to check it out..

I can;t believe I never tried this before... that stupid MS Mail has cost me countless hours of lost productivity because of it;'s annoying bugs..this would have made my life soooo much easier if I tried it long ago...but better late than never. :)

•••
I am still with Thunderbird as I have a lot of email accounts...

Can you share the greatest 3 highlights of it? Thanks

•••
Only a pleasure dude.... let me know what u think when u have time to check it out.
Thanks a lot, this sounds exactly like what I have been wanting. I'll let you know what I think about it, but from what you have said, I am sure it's gonna be sweet. ;)

but better late than never. :)
Something I say and live by often my friend. Thanks again. :)

•••
I am still with Thunderbird as I have a lot of email accounts...

Can you share the greatest 3 highlights of it? Thanks

unified messaging / awesome layout / Smooth and Fast

•••
Lifetime pro license holder here,

Mailbird is very good, pleasant to use and always in development. Most modern client for Windows IMO. Outlook may be a powerhouse but its a mess. Windows mail is a joke. Thunderbird is just so outdated so finding Mailbird was a joy at the time. Using 8 mails on it atm, no problem.

Money well spent IMO.

•••
Lifetime pro license holder here,

Mailbird is very good, pleasant to use and always in development. Most modern client for Windows IMO. Outlook may be a powerhouse but its a mess. Windows mail is a joke. Thunderbird is just so outdated so finding Mailbird was a joy at the time. Using 8 mails on it atm, no problem.

Money well spent IMO.

Nice!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one loving it! :)

•••
I've been having same problems with Windows Live mail. It loads forever, hangs several times within a session. I may have to switch, too. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
•••
Nice!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one loving it! :)
Yeah, nice to see others use it / getting aware of it too since its needed for their survival. I spent some time trying out every other client there is some time ago. One good thing about it is it only gets better with time, its been very stable for a time now unlike Thunderbird.

•••

I'm a lifetime user. I really like the email client.

What I like:
- I love the clean modern look (and it is possible to customize it as well).
- I love the unified inbox.
- I love the speed (it's really fast).
- I love that it is extremely easy to set up new email accounts (just enter your name, email address and password and it will automatically find all settings for you).
- I also love the apps that you can integrate with mailbird (works wonderfully with todoist.com for example) :

mailbird-apps.jpg

What I don't like:
Mailbird doesn't have the possibility to make any rules (for example incoming email with subject line "paypal" to automatically forward to my paypal folder).

Anyways, they offer 50% off promotions often so you could get a lifetime license for $22.5 only. There's a 50% off promotion going on today actually: https://www.mailbird.com/pricing/ . If it doesn't show the discount just delete your mailbird cookies in your browser and open the page again.

Last edited:
•••
Mailbird doesn't work with anything like Streak or Sidekick, does it? or have such a feature built in?

•••
Mailbird doesn't work with anything like Streak or Sidekick, does it? or have such a feature built in?

Not sure mate, I haven't used Streak or Sidekick before

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back