Dynadot

news HipHop.com redirected to KanyeWest.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is this a smart move by Kanye West marketing team to use the domain name Hiphop.com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    54.5%
  • No

votes
    18.2%
  • I don't care Kanye West is a dick!!! But he is smart.

votes
    27.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hello,

I did a search on HipHop.com today. HipHop.com redirects to KanyeWest.com. What is you guys thoughts, did Kanye rent the domain name to promote his new album?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My favorite rapper Nas. Nas need to buy NAS.com

•••
•••
Actually, if you've ever listened to hip hop, they usually say King of Rap. Open up the Google Keyword Tool:
king of rap - 2,900
king of hip hop - 1,000

Both nice phrases but one gets almost 3 times as many searches.

Kanye has even referred to himself as King of Rap in the past, Kendrick Lamar more recently.

or you can be Run DMC and be the King of Rock checking in at 3,600 exact a month

What are your plans with KingOfRap.com? You should develop it.

•••
KingOfRap would make a nice battle tournament/record label brand imp

•••
What are your plans with KingOfRap.com? You should develop it.

Nothing really as far as development, just threw up something real quick awhile back:
Awhile back, I threw up a few pages, less than an hour just for fun. Just a poll basically now. I think the poll got hit by 2pac and Eminem's fan page or something. I did have a good friends pic on the home page, he didn't have a sense of humor that day. Don't think he liked the pic I had up :)

It does rank #1 in Bing for King of Rap, #2 in Yahoo with really no content.

I was hoping a rapper with some ego would buy it off me. I don't think they have as much as they did back in the day, some still do. Need to find the right people to contact, they throw away money on worse stuff.

KingOfRap would make a nice battle tournament/record label brand imp

That's a good idea. I know there are a lot of tournaments/battles.

My favorite rapper Nas.

Mine as well. I feel sorry for kids growing up today with some of the current rappers, many who would be kicked out of the door trying to get a deal. 90's hip hop just destroys what's going on today.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Nothing really as far as development, just threw up something real quick awhile back:

It does rank #1 in Bing for King of Rap, #2 in Yahoo with really no content.

I was hoping a rapper with some ego would buy it off me. I don't think they have as much as they did back in the day, some still do. Need to find the right people to contact, they throw away money on worse stuff.

That's a good idea. I know there are a lot of tournaments/battles.

True.

•••
I think they're both equally good names but since you bring up numbers..

KingOfRap may have a higher search volume but 'Rap' defines a genre of the culture, and the culture is Hip-Hop.

Major media including: BET, MTV, Rolling Stones, TMZ refer to the title as King Of Hip-Hop
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/introducing-the-king-of-hip-hop-20110815

When you type in "King of Rap" on Google, the first thing you read is:

OKP News: Rolling Stone Crowns Eminem “King of Hip-Hop” OK, where to start with this one. As you may have read if you are a) a rap fan and b) get the internet, Rolling Stone Mag this week declared Marshall “Eminem” Mathers as the official (!) “King of Hip-Hop.”

If either of us get an inquiry, let's just join forces and counter @ double. ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think they're both equally good names but since you bring up numbers..

KingOfRap may have a higher search volume but 'Rap' defines a genre of the culture, and the culture is Hip-Hop.

Major media including: BET, MTV, Rolling Stones, TMZ refer to the title as King Of Hip-Hop
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/introducing-the-king-of-hip-hop-20110815

When you type in "King of Rap" on Google, the first thing you read is:

OKP News: Rolling Stone Crowns Eminem “King of Hip-Hop” OK, where to start with this one. As you may have read if you are a) a rap fan and b) get the internet, Rolling Stone Mag this week declared Marshall “Eminem” Mathers as the official (!) “King of Hip-Hop.”

If either of us get an inquiry, let's just join forces and counter @ double. ;)

Yes, they should buy both our names, cover the bases. I figure 50 cent, P Diddy, Jay-Z, Kanye West have some real money, this would be a nothing purchase to them. The .club guys found a way to contact 50, need to find some real contacts or a broker or something. Do some whois on their sites email them, follow on Twitter with site name, contact their sites about advertising, Hey I'm wondering about buying some advertising for a domain I want to sell, KingOfRap.com and then somebody can let them know. Put it out there on some hip hop forums.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes, they should buy both our names, cover the bases. I figure 50 cent, P Diddy, Jay-Z, Kanye West have some real money, this would be a nothing purchase to them. The .club guys found a way to contact 50, need to find some real contacts or a broker or something. Do some whois on their sites email them, follow on Twitter with site name, contact their sites about advertising, Hey I'm wondering about buying some advertising for a domain I want to sell, KingOfRap.com and then somebody can let them know. Put it out there on some hip hop forums.

How would you buy advertising for a domain? I'm looking to do the same thing.

•••
How would you buy advertising for a domain? I'm looking to do the same thing.

I was thinking go to a big hip hop forum like thecoli.com or a rapper's site, like thisis50.com, see if you can buy some ad space/banner. Depends on the price. Even if you don't advertise maybe the person you asked will mention it. There used to be some site I used back in the day to buy advertising on blogs. Where sites offered up space, usually banners and the price. You would pick sites that best matched what you're trying to advertise.

This was it - http://web.blogads.com/

Haven't used it in awhile. Still going, will go thru it this weekend.

•••
We have gone from Tupac, to hip hop artists wearing dresses.

Sorry Kanye, you aint no king, though judging by the picture above, he could make a play to be the queen of hip hop..

•••
t's always funny to me, that the US teens prefer Kanye West to guys like Black Thought, Immortal technique or Ras Kass. Damn, if I was a young black teen hating white folks this song below would be me everyday wake-up song. Peace from Europe where teens still listen to Lowkey and Looptroop ;D

Young black teens do not hate white people; to propagate such beliefs is irresponsible.

While we are talking about the Hip-hop culture... here is an opinion from Promoe from Looptroop, he talks about the difference between the US and EU in Hip Hop and I see it basically the same way, eventhough I don't listen to hip-hop so much nowadays.

This guy said that US hip-hop tours are so very different because... the don't have backstage catering. lol. Oh the life experiences of a Sweedish rapper; where catering is a priority.

Last edited:
•••
It's always funny to me, that the US teens prefer Kanye West to guys like Black Thought, Immortal technique or Ras Kass. Damn, if I was a young black teen hating white folks this song below would be me everyday wake-up song. Peace from Europe where teens still listen to Lowkey and Looptroop ;D

Young black Americans do not "hating white folks." Don't buy into the media BS.

•••
•••
Young black Americans do not "hating white folks." Don't buy into the media BS.
Yeah, I agree taht the word "hate" is maybe too strong, depends on the person, environment etc. But what's even more "funny" is that the US killed about 1,5 - 2 million people in Vietnam (only about 40 years ago) and Vietnam belongs to the top countries that like the US the most. Stockholm syndrome (or China fear)? Not talking about Natives in the US. No US president officially apologized to them. It's sad when you think about it. So, I don't blame blacks, native Americans etc. of the hate toward me because I am white. Remember, the whites were responsible for enslaving these people and destroying their culture. This fact cannot be marginalized and it will take a Iot of time to become something trivial. I "hate" my own race (if there is such thing at all) for all the atrocities toward the Africans, native Americans, Aborigines, Asians etc. But maybe that's because I am from the Central/Eastern Europe and read too much Karl May in my childhood.

Props to this guy for telling the truth.

Do you think that something like this could be ever possible in the US?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Damn, I cast my vote before reading the 3rd option :roll:

•••
I sold hiphoptv-com a few months back. Maybe I should have held it longer :) I did have the original producer of the back street boys inquire about purchasing it but I don't think he had any real interest.

•••

Whatever you do with this domain, I just hope you don't sell it to some mainstream douchebags like Kayne West, 50 Cent or all those garbage wannabes you mentioned. This would be an insult to this domain as it is an insult to hiphop.com being related to Kayne West. GoldCarsAndHookers.com should redirect to Kayne West, that would fit much better...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back