IT.COM

news HipHop.com redirected to KanyeWest.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is this a smart move by Kanye West marketing team to use the domain name Hiphop.com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    54.5%
  • No

votes
    18.2%
  • I don't care Kanye West is a dick!!! But he is smart.

votes
    27.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hello,

I did a search on HipHop.com today. HipHop.com redirects to KanyeWest.com. What is you guys thoughts, did Kanye rent the domain name to promote his new album?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I wonder if Kanye saw this article?

•••
I'm sure he heard about the Loser.com redirect. It received a lot of press.

•••
I own KingOfRap.com, he should buy it off me. Or maybe I should redirect it to my site because we all know I can flow. Where you at Kanye, you don't want none of this.

•••
Nice name Lions. You should develop it.

•••
Nice name Lions. You should develop it.

Awhile back, I threw up a few pages, less than an hour just for fun. Just a poll basically now. I think the poll got hit by 2pac and Eminem's fan page or something. I did have a good friends pic on the home page, he didn't have a sense of humor that day. Don't think he liked the pic I had up :)

•••
•••
It's always funny to me, that the US teens prefer Kanye West to guys like Black Thought, Immortal technique or Ras Kass. Damn, if I was a young black teen hating white folks this song below would be me everyday wake-up song. Peace from Europe where teens still listen to Lowkey and Looptroop ;D

•••
If Kanye wanted any of these names, he'd just snatch the ownership from under them.

•••
I never understood that too #HoloNames

•••
•••
David Walker the owner said HipHop.com is not for sale. Checkout the article.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2009/feb/09/urban-hiphop-website
Kanye West Crashes VMA Stage During Taylor Swift’s Award Speech
www.mtv.com/news/1621389/kanye-west-crashes-vma-stage-during-taylor-swifts-award-speech/
48-1423455788.gif

'Ye reference...

•••
While we are talking about the Hip-hop culture... here is an opinion from Promoe from Looptroop, he talks about the difference between the US and EU in Hip Hop and I see it basically the same way, eventhough I don't listen to hip-hop so much nowadays. Btw. here is some most popular rap music from Slovakia right now (don't like the group, but their flow i.e. here ;D and sound are really the best in this region of the world) so you can taste some exotics ;). The beginning of the leader of that group is here so you can have a few laughs.

Last edited:
•••
I own KingOfRap.com, he should buy it off me. Or maybe I should redirect it to my site because we all know I can flow. Where you at Kanye, you don't want none of this.

OR my KingOfHipHop(dot)com ;)

People have died for this title. I'm not letting mine go for less than 15-20K.

1 less night buying out the bar at a club

•••
While we are talking about the Hip-hop culture... here is an opinion from Promoe from Looptroop, he talks about the difference between the US and EU in Hip Hop and I see it basically the same way, eventhough I don't listen to hip-hop so much nowadays. Btw. here is some most popular rap music from Slovakia right now (don't like the group, but their flow i.e. here ;D and sound are really the best in this region of the world) so you can taste some exotics ;). The beginning of the leader of that group is here so you can have a few laughs.

Hmmm interesting. I will have to sit down and watch this again when I get home. Thanks #holonames.

•••
Say what you want to say about Mr.West. This is brilliant marketing in my opinion. Can you imagine how much traffic HipHop.com get in a month!!!

•••
Say what you want to say about Mr.West. This is brilliant marketing in my opinion. Can you imagine how much traffic HipHop.com get in a month!!!

I never understood mixes of music and marketing.

Can you imagine how much traffic from HipHop.com is getting misled by this redirect? ;)

•••
He wont being doing that as King Of Rap keywords only covers Rap while the term HipHop covers a broader genre... Even though your domain is nice...

•••
I never understood mixes of music and marketing.

Can you imagine how much traffic from HipHop.com is getting misled by this redirect? ;)

If you dont market no sales...

•••

Not HipHop, but I would say POP...

•••
Not HipHop, but I would say POP...
:D exactly. Btw. here you have our Slovak Methodman (meaning that he smokes a lot). His flow and accent is a masterpiece and he is a great guy in person too ;)

•••
•••
He wont being doing that as King Of Rap keywords only covers Rap while the term HipHop covers a broader genre... Even though your domain is nice...

Actually, if you've ever listened to hip hop, they usually say King of Rap. Open up the Google Keyword Tool:
king of rap - 2,900
king of hip hop - 1,000

Both nice phrases but one gets almost 3 times as many searches.

Kanye has even referred to himself as King of Rap in the past, Kendrick Lamar more recently.

or you can be Run DMC and be the King of Rock checking in at 3,600 exact a month

Last edited:
•••
Actually, if you've ever listened to hip hop, they usually say King of Rap. Open up the Google Keyword Tool:
king of rap - 2,900
king of hip hop - 1,000

Kanye has even referred to himself as King of Rap in the past, Kendrick Lamar more recently.

or you can be Run DMC and be the King of Rock checking in at 3,600 exact a month

Lol have i ever listen to rap...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back