Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

otayiz

Established Member
Impact
What’s your name?
A: Ozer Tayiz

Where do you live?
A: I now live in Quito, Ecuador. I am originally from Turkey.

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A: I am new to domaining.

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A: 0. I have just started. Bought 2 domain names from Gene Pimentel's namesnagger fb group today.

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: How to sell my domains quickly. I'm going more for fast sales at high quantity, at least at first.

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: yes, just bought kitchensphoenix.com and weddingsknoxville.com and I hope to flip them fast.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: I'm thinking domaining can be my bread and butter income generator. Low risk, low barrier of entry, high upward potential. And doesn't take tons of time either. Maybe $2-5K per month.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A: In 5 years, I want to build a residual passive income from another business model, and use the domaining income for seed money for those projects

What was your first domain you purchased?
A: For domaining, kitchensphoenix.com and weddingsknoxville.com . Had several others for personal projects, not for domaining.

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A:I'm thinking domaining can be my bread and butter income generator. Low risk, low barrier of entry, high upward potential. And doesn't take tons of time either. There is not much other business models out there that one can start with only $10-20 *lol*

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hello Ozer and welcome to nps...nice intro!

•••
•••
Hello @otayiz .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

Those are 2 very decent domains for someone starting out! :) .. I'd personally prefer them the more natural language versions (other way around), but they still make for a decent brand.

With these types of geo domains I'm thinking that while your potential buyer poll is narrow and significantly smaller than the average 2 word .com domain, the flip side is that those fewer buyers are more likely to acquire your domains. So maybe not the best domains to passively hold, however, could make for good domaining if you're comfortable doing outbound. Obviously acquisition cost is critical on these types of domains as well, so be careful not to buy too many too fast before seeing if your system works.

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

•••
Hello!

You are correct, there is a low barrier entry into domains.

Usually sales prices are commensurate with the quality of the domain.

Domain sales yielding a sizable ROI usually take a bit of time to materialize and may be for domains that cost more than reg fees to acquire - if at all.

Your monthly dollar goal is interesting - hopefully same will be achieved.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Hello @otayiz .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

Those are 2 very decent domains for someone starting out! :) .. I'd personally prefer them the more natural language versions (other way around), but they still make for a decent brand.

With these types of geo domains I'm thinking that while your potential buyer poll is narrow and significantly smaller than the average 2 word .com domain, the flip side is that those fewer buyers are more likely to acquire your domains. So maybe not the best domains to passively hold, however, could make for good domaining if you're comfortable doing outbound. Obviously acquisition cost is critical on these types of domains as well, so be careful not to buy too many too fast before seeing if your system works.

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome, and detailed reply. And yes, I do plan to outreach potential local businesses and sell them. I'm not sure if I'm "comfortable", it does make me nervous... But I can give it some thought, then write a template email, and then send 10 emails a day, and see what happens.

And I have to give all the credit of pre-selecting good domain names, to Gene Pimentel, and his name snagger group on FB. All domains are supposed to have a statistical value of $500. I'd be happy with $150-200 fast *lol*

•••
Hello!

You are correct, there is a low barrier entry into domains.

Usually sales prices are commensurate with the quality of the domain.

Domain sales yielding a sizable ROI usually take a bit of time to materialize and may be for domains that cost more than reg fees to acquire - if at all.

Your monthly dollar goal is interesting - hopefully same will be achieved.

Welcome to NamePros!

Thank you for the warm welcome, and good wishes!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thank you for the warm welcome, and detailed reply. And yes, I do plan to outreach potential local businesses and sell them. I'm not sure if I'm "comfortable", it does make me nervous... But I can give it some thought, then write a template email, and then send 10 emails a day, and see what happens.

And I have to give all the credit of pre-selecting good domain names, to Gene Pimentel, and his name snagger group on FB. All domains are supposed to have a statistical value of $500. I'd be happy with $150-200 fast *lol*

That's what's great about domaining, there are a multitude of niches for everybody.

Those domains would not make my "cut" (even at closeout pricing), but I target domains with $x,xxx potential resell value. The big difference is that I don't do outbound.

The one good thing about taking the outbound choice when it comes to domaining, is that you can start with a very small number of domains to focus on. From those you'll be able to see your potential results either way infinitely quicker than those who take the "incoming" approach like myself!

When starting and learning you should consider the time you put into domaining as self-investment .. but do remember that eventually you also need to factor in your time. I think that more than anything else is why most people don't do the micro-profit strategy. But I think it can probably work if you pick the right domains at the right prices .. AND (MOST importantly) .. you're good at sales!

•••
Hello and Welcome to NamePros!

•••
That's what's great about domaining, there are a multitude of niches for everybody.

Those domains would not make my "cut" (even at closeout pricing), but I target domains with $x,xxx potential resell value. The big difference is that I don't do outbound.

The one good thing about taking the outbound choice when it comes to domaining, is that you can start with a very small number of domains to focus on. From those you'll be able to see your potential results either way infinitely quicker than those who take the "incoming" approach like myself!

When starting and learning you should consider the time you put into domaining as self-investment .. but do remember that eventually you also need to factor in your time. I think that more than anything else is why most people don't do the micro-profit strategy. But I think it can probably work if you pick the right domains at the right prices .. AND (MOST importantly) .. you're good at sales!

Small number of domains, quick results... That's the reason I have to do outbound right now. I cannot afford to buy dozens of domain names, and I cannot wait for months to see my first sale. I need at least one sale this month.

Am I good with sales? I guess we'll see this month. In my quick market research, I noticed both locations-niches have more than 100 potential prospects. So chances are, with a decent approach, someone will buy.

Over time, as I get more experience, and I can afford waiting (have a couple of months worth of savings in the bank) I can gradually focus on domains I think that may sell for higher amounts, and less time investment per domain.

But right now I need some quick cash flow. So, outbound it is. ;)

•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
What’s your name?

Where do you live?

years, experience, etc.
A: 0. I have just started. Bought 2 domain names from Gene Pimentel's namesnagger fb group today.

how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: How to sell my domains quickly. I'm going more for fast sales at high quantity, at least at first.

A: yes, just bought kitchensphoenix.com and weddingsknoxville.com and I hope to flip them fast.

A: I'm thinking domaining can be my bread and butter income generator. Low risk, low barrier of entry, high upward potential. And doesn't take tons of time either. Maybe $2-5K per month.

A: In 5 years, I want to build a residual passive income from another business model, and use the domaining income for seed money for those projects

A: For domaining, kitchensphoenix.com and weddingsknoxville.com . Had several others for personal projects, not for domaining.

A:I'm thinking domaining can be my bread and butter income generator. Low risk, low barrier of entry, high upward potential. And doesn't take tons of time either. There is not much other business models out there that one can start with only $10-20 *lol*
Enjoyed reading about you and meeting you... hello and welcome here... I'm also a beginner and we have something in common with wedding because I also have a few wedding officiant names (how much are you asking for knoxville and where did you post it for sale?)... very much good luck and ease for each of us in succeeding with our "income generator".

•••

I'm a beginning too... what is "micro-profit strategy" so I can know if I'm doing that or not.. Thank you.

•••

I am as beginning and in a similar situation with some geo names... I appreciated reading " geo domains I'm thinking that while your potential buyer poll is narrow and significantly smaller than the average 2 word .com domain, the flip side is that those fewer buyers are more likely to acquire your domains. So maybe not the best domains to passively hold, however, could make for good domaining if you're comfortable doing outbound. Obviously acquisition cost is critical on these types of domains as well, so be careful not to buy too many too fast before seeing if your system works." THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

•••
What’s your name?

Where do you live?

years, experience, etc.

I understand your selling strategy and relate to it. I too am feeling a little pressure in needing income sooner than later. Good luck for each of us all all others. May be each learn quickly what works and what doesn't work. We can each do this (is my wish).

•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros forum!
lightbear here... I saw in my alerts that you responded to this thread but I'm not seeing your response even though above it shows you responded "5 minutes ago". am I missing something?

•••
Here's a screen capture so you can see what I see (but it's 8 minutes, not 5 minutes, now).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 1.54.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 1.54.16 AM.png
    64 KB · Views: 155
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back