Dynadot

Hi from oz!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Els Hunt

Impact
I did a domain investing course on Udemy.com recently, which I realised was pretty useless, that was not until after I spent some money buying up dumb domain names which would have made me nearly zero money. Thankfully, I was allowed to get a refund for quite a few. I have kept some decent ones which I plan on using for blogs, as well as some original brand names, such as medistax.com, menopax.com, catapult kids.com, I also have couponsinspace.com, which I plan on doing something fun with. overall, it has been a bit of a steep learning curve. Have decided to keep domain investing as just one of my many online activities. I think I would get bored just doing that. Its all a bit risky, but then again, just about any investing is these days. When China tanks, we'll all be roond!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
Hello @Els Hunt .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

I did a domain investing course on Udemy.com recently, which I realised was pretty useless ...

Ironically that quote alone gives me hope that you might EVENTUALLY succeed at domaining! lol :)

There's soooo much to learn, and the moment you realise you're making some mistakes and registering the wrong names, is when you've actually proved you've learned a bit. Almost every domain out there is worthless. Less than 2% have any value at all .. and of those, only a few % have enough value to be worthwhile investments.

There's TONS of free information for you to learn from right here in the forums.

The only course that gives you a good foundation that I know of is @Michael Cyger's DNAcademy (link in my signature below). And I also recommend you go back and listen (and then re-listen) to all the old episodes of Domain Sherpa.

The domains you registered Medistax and Menopax .. are good clear names phonetically .. and actually COULD sell to someone IF somebody crosses them listed somewhere .. but unless there is underlying meaning behind the name, there are so many similar alternatives to them, that while they would sell for $1-2000, the chances are way too small to invest in because of the risk:reward ratio vs even a $10 handreg cost.

So you're on the right track .. next step is to invest a lot of time into learning more.

Best of luck going forward! :)

•••
Thanks for that! yes I figured it was a long shot with the brand names, except the Menopax could be used for a menopausal drug, so will hang on to that one. However, have stopped buying domain names after going a bit crazy at first, then backtracking. It wasn't a big investment in terms of learning from mistakes. Better than the crazy people buying up houses to flip in The Australian housing market, which is all tanking at the moment.

•••
Hello Els and welcome to nps! Don't worry about China possibly tanking someday...India is on the rise.

•••
•••
•••
g'day and welcome,

try selecting a niche & research & study, another tip would be to look at what is selling...
namebio, dnjournal...housing market tanking in Australia? not according to -
Recently Sold Properties and Sold House Prices - realestate.com.au

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
g'day and welcome,

try selecting a niche & research & study, another tip would be to look at what is selling...
namebio, dnjournal...housing market tanking in Australia? not according to -
Recently Sold Properties and Sold House Prices - realestate.com.au

Cheers
Corey
is that what most people do, focus on a niche?
Australian housing is in serious bubble territory. There is always a bit of a bump when the central bank lowers interest. Thats happening everywhere, but you can only lower interest rates so low. Kicking the can down the road is not good economic policy, but then, thats what most of the western economies are doing. Not sure about India.

•••
Hello!

That is an interesting intro buying and selling domains .

it is best to " catch on early " re likely " good names / bad names " with minimal capital at risk rather than with a bundle invested in likely unsaleable names.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi fellow Aussie

Where are you from?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back