Hi ... Another Newbie

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Listio

Established Member
Impact
32
Hoping to learn about buying and selling Domains cos I seem to find it really enjoyable. I think I may have a bit of gold fever. Is this normal?

I have been online since 1998 but domaining passed me by. I was focused on back-end admin and applications and so remained largely unaware of the opportunity.

I have bought many domains for projects over the years, Mostly hand-registerd .com's. They either got passed on with a project sale or I let them expire. I did keep a few that I had ideas for developing but mostly I let them expire. It never occured to me that I could actually sell the domains for a worthwhile profit. It wasnt until someone out of the blue offered to buy one my domains that I realized I had been an idiot. After I stopped crying I sold it to him ...

My best sale to date was a 1999 hand registered 4 letter .com which sold a couple of years ago for $8000. My worst was letting 3 x 4letter .com readable but not dictionary domain names expire because I thought they were not worth anything ...Doh!

My target for the next 12 months is to sell the 40 or so OK/reasonable domains I have hanging around and pick up a few good domains without losing any money.

Well, Thats a bit about me. Now I had better start learning ...

Mark
 
21
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
You're so welcome. The more the merrier.
 
11
•••
:xf.smile:welcome to the forum!
good luck enjoy ur stay!
 
11
•••
greetings @Listio and welcome to np
 
11
•••
Hello @Listio !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)
 
8
•••
wellcome to Namepros
 
5
•••
Hi and welcome to Nampros @Listio
 
6
•••
Welcome to Namepro
 
5
•••
Welcome to NamePros!
 
4
•••
welCOM
 
4
•••
WeLcOmE
 
4
•••
ʬʬʬELCOME @ nP
 
5
•••
Super Welcome To nP...:xf.smile:
 
3
•••
Hello Mark / @Listio .. and a belated welcome to NamePros to you!

I think your story is similar to many domainers. And VERY similar to my own .. although I unfortunately never owned 4L .com .. lol.

Best of luck to you going forward! :)
 
3
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros !
 
3
•••
Welcome to NP, another Newbie a.k.a @Listio
 
3
•••
welCOM friend !
 
2
•••
So finally you found namePros, Welcome.
 
1
•••
Welcome to the forum
 
1
•••
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum.
 
1
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back