Dynadot

HEYALP! I keep getting this error message!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dannyinpt

Established Member
Impact
Hi all you knowledgeable folk, I hope someone may be able to help me. I bought a website in December and up until now have not had the time to do things like SEO etc to get it running and earning. I have installed Wordpress SEO by Yoast. My problem is every time I try to enter any changes in pages ie adding keywords etc it brings up the following error,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 36 bytes) in /home/arcadefu/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 578

I am not sure if it is only doing this on pages or on everything, I am pretty new to all this, I can see the file and edit it in C panel File manager, and to my very untrained eye I cannot see any glaring errors in the script. I can send the file if anyone wishes to have a look. Or is it me doing something silly. I would love to get this resolved whilst I have the time to get the site sorted to earn.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. The website is arcadefungame(.)com if it makes any difference.
Kind regards
Danny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Something using a lot if memory and PHP has a default limit of 8MB. Did this only start after the plugin?

You'll need to change memory_limit in the PHP.INI file or create a .htaccess file in your WordPress directory and add to it.

Code:
ini_set("memory_limit","12M");

You're better off finding another plugin if its the issue.

•••
I am raving daft, I cannot find the .ini file anywhere, I have been searching around in file manager in C panel, but I cannot find it. Am I looking in the right place? Could some kind soul point me in the right direction. I ain't got any hair left to pull out, I have tried using the search, but no luck.
Any takers or pointers!
Many thanks

•••
Replied to your PM but I'll reply here as well.

You want to edit your .htaccess in your root directory that you have wordpress in.

Edit it to add

Code:
php_value memory_limit 16M

To the very end which should change the memory limit.

•••
Hi, I just entered the code where you said, I then went to my site, no site appeared but I did get this error message;

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.4.7 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at arcadefungame.com Port 80

Not sure what it means, but maybe I should remove the code you suggested.

I just took the code out, and refreshed the page, the site came back online!
Any thoughts/ideas.
Regards
Danny

•••
If you don't want to fix it but want it fixed then.. Simply change the host :)

If it gets stuck here it will get stuck somewhere else too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back