Dynadot

Hey all! Looking to get involved in this industry!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

skill3r

Impact
Hey all!

I am 21 years old from the USA, kinda got lost in college with initialy wanting to go into the world of finance and banking, turns out it wasn't for me, now working on getting a degree in the IT world. I've always had a love for computers and especially the internet. My first domain I ever purchased myself was for a youtube channel that I created when I was around 11 or 12. (Did not pan out as I imagined in my 12y/o head haha) I have purchased and managed several different domains throughout the years mostly for now failed startups I attempted to create, but I am a total noob to the whole domaining thing. I recently have become interested in the idea of domain brokering! I have come here to find out more information about domain brokers, so hopefully I'm in the right place. I have always been really good with finding people/information on the internet, the best way I can describe it is like a puzzle and you can't stop until you finish it. I realize this is a skill that is a good requirement for domain brokers, but I'm sure it's really a much smaller piece of the puzzle. I am hoping to use this forum to learn more about becoming a domain broker as the information online was very vague.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction and hopefully I can learn as much as I can from y'all!
-skill3r

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Welcome.

Read for 2~3 months before you start buying.

•••
Welcome.

Read for 2~3 months before you start buying.
Hey koolish! Thank you for your reply. To specify I'm looking into becoming the intermediary between buyer and seller, not directly buy myself. Apologies if I did not use the correct terminology in the above post.

•••
I could be mistaken but I think you need a very solid working knowledge of domains before you can be an effective domain broker.

Best of luck on your journey

•••
Hey koolish! Thank you for your reply. To specify I'm looking into becoming the intermediary between buyer and seller, not directly buy myself. Apologies if I did not use the correct terminology in the above post.

even then, you need good knowledge of the industry, as @karmaco said.

Last edited:
•••
even then, you need good knowledge of the industry, as @karmaco said.
Gotcha! Do you know what positions are considered "entry-level" in this industry/what qualifications they require?

•••
Gotcha! Do you know what positions are considered "entry-level" in this industry/what qualifications they require?
Everyone started somewhere, you don't need a "position" as such. Most people are lone rangers here, than with notable domain companies. A willingness to study, learn, keeping your eyes open and networking with the right people is a good start (plenty of that at NamePros)

Qualifications: Asperger's helps

Last edited:
•••
1649240143149.png

•••
•••
I am not sure but there have to be some sticked topics with useful tips and pages to bookmark.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Thanks for the introduction...too many do not take the time to contribute when they join. Speaking of time, take plenty of it to read and learn here before investing too much...take notes along the way,

•••
Welcome and i like your introduction. Well you sell yourself so have a go with a domain.

•••
•••
Watch ALL of the DomainSherpa videos if you want to get a jumpstart.

•••
Welcome aboard skill3r! Read, study and read this forum more. There is a ton of knowledge in this place. Don't spend any money buying useless domain names till you get a good grasp of what's going on. Then and only after you understand things some at least 3 or 4 months from now should you buy a domain name and then just take whatever money you can afford and buy one or two good names instead of a bunch of junk. This way at least you have a good shot at becoming a successful domainer unlike the over-whelming majority of want-a=be domainers. Most of all Good luck!

•••
Welcome @skill3r. I agree with many of the above, read, study and do not invest everything you have on day one. However you never learn without practice - you will buy crap initially, over time less crap and more quality. You learn skills in school but business by working. You will learn by making mistakes is my point but don’t crash and burn while learning ;)

I started a year ago, bought a lot of crap first weeks and then had to learn the hard way how to liquidate, start over and earn a dollar at a time.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Hey all!

I am 21 years old from the USA, kinda got lost in college with initialy wanting to go into the world of finance and banking, turns out it wasn't for me, now working on getting a degree in the IT world. I've always had a love for computers and especially the internet. My first domain I ever purchased myself was for a youtube channel that I created when I was around 11 or 12. (Did not pan out as I imagined in my 12y/o head haha) I have purchased and managed several different domains throughout the years mostly for now failed startups I attempted to create, but I am a total noob to the whole domaining thing. I recently have become interested in the idea of domain brokering! I have come here to find out more information about domain brokers, so hopefully I'm in the right place. I have always been really good with finding people/information on the internet, the best way I can describe it is like a puzzle and you can't stop until you finish it. I realize this is a skill that is a good requirement for domain brokers, but I'm sure it's really a much smaller piece of the puzzle. I am hoping to use this forum to learn more about becoming a domain broker as the information online was very vague.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction and hopefully I can learn as much as I can from y'all!
-skill3r
Hey skill3r,

I honestly really liked your introduction, clearly you are a young man with an excellent attitude and I know that will bring you excellent opportunities.

I know your comment is directed to domain knowledge, however, I am going to expose you my point of view in general.

When I went to college, I was confident in my career choice. I graduated, but I never felt 100% affinity with what I studied (I am not saying it didn't work for me, but maybe studying something I was passionate about would have worked a little better for me), in your post, I see that you have research skills and you are passionate. THAT IS YOUR BEST RESOURCE, be perseverant, trust your pulse and become an expert in what you want to do, it will take time but the results will be pleasing.

My best recommendation is to study, get trained, go to websites that offer courses on what you want to do and when you think you already have the ability and knowledge, start.

I hope I have been helpful to you or have motivated you as your post did for me. Welcome.

•••
Welcome mate!
Like everyone else said Read and read some more...I'm still reading myself

Goodluck

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NP!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back