Dominion.Domains

Here we go again, Gay.app sold?

Labeled as sales in Domain Industry News started by equity78, May 25, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. urlurl

urlurl Active Member VIP

having gay.app isn't going to rank them any better - SEO is based on content, not names

IMO - the overspent and they wasted a lot of money on something that they most likely didn't need

that's assuming it is legit

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & TheDomainBlog.com PRO Blue Account VIP

If it’s legit then they need to fire some people on their executive team. Simply for the fact it was probably no more than 10k a few weeks ago.

3. Michael Ehrhardt

Michael Ehrhardt Active Member VIP

Smart move
    Great name
    Like it

4. Michael Ehrhardt

5. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I seriously doubt they paid that..new extensions always have these "amazing" sales

6. Mario86

Mario86 Established Member

Such great news. I, like many other people, knew it before investing in it. And what really matters End users already know the potential of this extension backed up by the most important, and with more expectations, company in the world nowadays. Apps are the future (Android, Apple, Windows, IOT, upcoming companies and a large etc...).
    This sale is better than what was expected.
    .APP already on place number 17 of the most registered gTLDs, on top of .tech .store .life .group ....
    Congrats to the seller. BRUTAL R.O.I !

7. imadoer

imadoer Active Member PRO VIP

This is just another horse sh*t sale to hype a extention. Now all the sheep will buy more cr.app

8. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & TheDomainBlog.com PRO Blue Account VIP

The seller of this name was Zhan Baosheng. The same guy that apparently fakes the sale of Father.com for $1m once upon a time. Also the same guy that had a registered TM for Tesla and sued them.

I would be very suspicious of this "sale".

It's even plausible that perhaps the name was sold for a smaller sum, and there was a PR agreement to say the sale was 1Mil.

Too many question marks for me.

9. Dave

Dave Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I agree with this. It may have sold, but 1 million just seems too ridiculous when they could've picked it up for 10k a few weeks ago as you mentioned.

10. Michael Ehrhardt

Home.loans 500.000
    Vacation.rentals 500.000
    Gay.app is worth a million for sure

11. Umesh1

Umesh1 Established Member

how we can check its verified or not, i mean to say like where we can chk that it really happened, as nambio shows nothing on gay.app

thanks

12. urlurl

urlurl Active Member VIP

if name bio doesnt show... well, then it hasnt been verified

13. urlurl

urlurl Active Member VIP

maybe it sold for $10,000.00 - and someone forgot to included the decimal in the news post, LMFAO

14. gilescoley

You sometimes never know if the seller doesn't report it or if they have an non-disclosure in place.

15. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Okay okay okay....

Wasn’t gonna report this.... but I feel I must....

I was the seller. Yup. 1 million buckaroos!! And I am certain the only reason I was able to sell it for that price is because I own a “3 wolf moon” shirt. The “3 wolf moon” shirt is the most amazing piece of clothing I have ever owned and undoubtedly released its magical powers into the domain universe and caused this amazing highly inflated sale to happen!

I have already blown the full million on “3 wolf moon” sweaters and shirts for me and all my friends as well as for all of the local school kids and church groups... please read reviews here https://www.amazon.com/review/R2XKMDXZHQ26YX

The shirt is amazing and I believe everybody should own one! It changed my life and it could change yours as well!

16. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy Active Member VIP

Just a way to bring .app popularity up.

17. saucey

saucey Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

That makes absolutely no sense to me. Not saying you’re wrong, because I truly have no idea.....

But, do you really think a company running a gay website with no affiliation to an “app” registrar would spend $1 million on a name just to help out?

What am I missing here? I don’t understand why anybody would do that.

18. Alessandro Couteau

Alessandro Couteau Active Member VIP

It would be the second seven figure GTLD sale

Now what is Mortgage.Loans worth ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  19. lolwarrior

lolwarrior Founder, Brands.International VIP

Wait, so was there already a first seven figure new gTLD sale? Tell more :)

20. mpls

mpls Active Member VIP

And spend 500k in SEO, and in 8/12 months they will rank 1st pos in Google for: gay app.

Even with big budget I'll never understand why spend this amount.

We're no longer in the 90s and with gay.app you'll never rank in first page for gay app search (nor in first 10 pages).

How many people digit gay.APP in their address bar???

21. gilescoley

I think he's saying the sale didn't happen. Posting fake sales is the most common way to try pump up an extension, it happens all the time with new extensions, I remember the $1.6 million sale of Horse.ae when .ae names became available to anyone.

22. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

Who uses an address bar anymore? Most use a search bar and get to their destination by clicking on the most appealing, relevent result. A name that perfectly matches the queried term, like this one, shines like a rainbow out of the 80+ million results.

23. lolwarrior

lolwarrior Founder, Brands.International VIP

It is kind of funny that in 2018 you need to explain this to people on domainer forum :)

24. Alessandro Couteau

Sex.xxx

25. Alessandro Couteau

Google is secretly working with Weibo ;) hahahaha, prove that and I am sure that will be real news

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: