NameSilo

question Help!!! Movie coming out matching my domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bonsu

Top Member
Impact
I just googled one of my domain name (.tv) and realised there is a movie coming up in March 2019 bearing the exact name.
Lately the name has been having visits from that country and I feel this is an opportunity to sell the name as I've had just one enquiry for the domain during outbound.
I have found the producer/writer's name. I don't know how to get his email address.
Any idea would help. I have checked Linkedin and Facebook but he is not on any just news of the movie and the end-user himself.
What should I do?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I sold a domain like this that was the name of an upcoming movie for low to mid five figures. And I sold it to a Hollywood producer.

The domain sat idle for a full year after the sale - even nameservers weren’t changed - and then the site was developed into something that had absolutely nothing to do with that movie or the movie business or Hollywood at all.

But - all the potential buzz was part of why I set my price so high. That, and that the domain name was the name of a multi millionaire celebrity. But it was not the celebrity or anyone intending to use it for anything to do with Hollywood, who bought it!

Of course I am feeling like a king right now collecting what the domain was truly worth by having done some research before quoting the price, but at the same time...quoting more just because the inquirer is using an anonymous email...that makes no sense to me.

In this case too
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ha...cant-sales-via-outbound.1042253/#post-6412464
I quoted low to mid five figures, and got it!, after I assumed that the domain was being sold to a celebrity (even though, ironically, it ended up sold not to the celebrity but to a Hollywood producer who is using it for I don't even know what yet but apparently nothing to do with that celebrity).

If I quote more it will be only because my independent research shows that the domain has some specific use for a corporation celebrity etc. NOT just because the inquirer is anonymous!

I mean if you are going to quote high just because the inquirer is anonymous (in other words, for no reason at all), you might as well just quote high all the time!

Last edited:
•••
Unless it ever ran-on to a TV series. (and of course I don't know the name) I doubt a .TV extension is really going to excite anyone. the .info (for example) may just as well get as many clicks.. I just wouldn't build your hopes for a sale or traffic.

And If the film is from an Asian/Indian film factory - just forget it.

No offense intended, just wanted to build in a reality-check for a .TV domain.

**I'm sure xynames (post above) is referring to a .com sale

Last edited:
•••
They like using .movie these days, I doubt .tv is going to get the fire going also, maybe .com

•••
Unless it ever ran-on to a TV series. (and of course I don't know the name) I doubt a .TV extension is really going to excite anyone. the .info (for example) may just as well get as many clicks.. I just wouldn't build your hopes for a sale or traffic.

And If the film is from an Asian/Indian film factory - just forget it.

No offense intended, just wanted to build in a reality-check for a .TV domain.

**I'm sure xynames (post above) is referring to a .com sale
I was thinking it could be used for trailers or streaming of the movie online cos the awareness is much

•••
As wwwweb mentioned they may already have a website developed @ .movie or even .com, have you checked these?

•••
As wwwweb mentioned they may already have a website developed @ .movie or even .com, have you checked these?
I have checked it. They don't have a website.

•••
They like using .movie these days, I doubt .tv is going to get the fire going also, maybe .com
The . com is a website for a fashion brand

•••
Yes I was referring to dot com in my case.

What a studio will often do is just add a word or something and use the dot com if the exact match dot com is not available.

I didn’t realize we were talking about a dot tv. Has a Hollywood movie ever been placed on that extension? If not forgettaboutit.

Last edited:
•••
If you want to sell it for good money - just Contact Form and wait...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back