3.8%
  • 5th (tie)

ClickableDomains

vote
    3.8%

• 30 votes
  • Ended 11 years ago
  • Final results
Please vote for my own brand name, catering to small biz and startup companies.
All are .com:

AvailDomain
ClickableDomains
ClikNames
FabuNames
ForteDomains
IconicDomains
IconicNames
MondoNames
PremiumDomainz

If you don't like any, don't vote for any. I don't need any Debbie Downers telling me all my ideas are bad.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ForteDomains - that's my favorite.
PremiumDomainz - not bad, but DomainZ (not premium). IMO

•••
Hello DomainBizDev

In my opinion:
ClickableDomains, all the domains are clickable.
ClikNames, the same. it sound like game. it sounded less less formal.
FabuNames, It looks like a baby names site.
ForteDomains, I PMed you.
IconicDomains - IconicNames, i don't like their sound
mondonames, there are no many people know that "mondo" is an Italian word. But I like it because it sound great. I feel it like man-do > domain.
donames - kind of typo domains.
So I see it is great sound when you say it : mon-do-names

PremiumDomainz - not bad, but DomainZ (not premium). IMO

•••
In my opinion, I think you should be looking for something else, but if forced to choose from the list, I'd have to go with one or both of the iconics.

•••
I think you should be looking for something else...
OK, what would be the ultimate name?
If anything were possible?

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

ClickableDomains, all the domains are clickable.
aalrashed, the tagline would be:
"All domains are clickable, but some are more clickable than others."
Would that help, or is it still a non-starter?

•••
I think you could find more suitable names.

But if I had to choose one, I agree with south.

IconicNames or IconicDomains.

•••
I agree with South and .NJ about the name choices, any of them could probably work but I don’t LOVE any of them at the moment. You asked what the ultimate name would be if we were choosing a name for you. The answer depends on what message you want to convey and who you are targeting. When you have a clear picture of what your brand is about it becomes easier to make choices to convey that.

Of the current options, I would use IconicDomains.com. A cool tagline will certainly help to flesh out the brand message you want to convey and might make the name more appealing.

•••
Some good names

I like

ClikNames

But as others mentioned there are good handregs still kicking around.

I also need a page to post my domains and I just hand reg'd

NameAttic dot com
IdealWebNames dot com

not sure which to use yet.

Good luck with the search.

•••
First, I would figure out whether you like "Names" or "Domains" better. That will help you narrow down your search. Domains are more targeting of this niche. Names can be anything.

•••
If those are the only choices presented - Fabu, Forte and IconicDomains seem the most good-looking/sounding. If you can attach a great tagline, they should work for your brand, no doubt.

I would personally drop Clickable, Clik and PremiumDomainZ off the list.

•••
Ok! To respond to some comments...
I wanna stay open to "domains" and "names." Both are used by great companies.
I am targeting small businesses and startups.

This list is the culmination of 2 years of searching.
If you really believe something better is still available, I'M ALL EARS.
But if you poke holes w/o a better idea, what can one say about that?

•••
Ok! To respond to some comments...
I wanna stay open to "domains" and "names." Both are used by great companies.
I am targeting small businesses and startups.

This list is the culmination of 2 years of searching.
If you really believe something better is still available, I'M ALL EARS.
But if you poke holes w/o a better idea, what can one say about that?

Ok, I will respond to that.

A: You asked for a opinion on the names *that you provided*, and not for names that might be available. Which is ok, but keep in mind the original question in your thread/poll.

B: As New2Domaining points out, it really depends on your vision of what you want to portray and the target audience. The obvious names are already taken (domains.com, name.com, etc). There is no such thing left unregistered, so it will be up to you to develop & brand yourself. If you're happy with the names you've already chosen, disregard the opinions offered and go for it. You asked for, and got, opinions.

C: You are asking domainers to suggest a killer name for your domain sales site.

D: Read C: again.

Good luck!

•••
I can certainly appreciate how difficult it can be to find domains you like that are available to register or buy inexpensively. In my first reply I said “When you have a clear picture of what your brand is about it becomes easier to make choices to convey that.” Alternatively I could have written “At the moment we don’t have a clear picture of what your brand is about so it is difficult for us to make name choices to convey what you have in mind for your brand.”

Naming a new company and creating a cool logo are critical parts of creating a solid brand but those are superficial things that (should) happen AFTER you make other brand decisions. Below are a few of the types of questions that should impact how you name your company (as well as other brand choices you make):

1). Who is your target market? – Small businesses? Big businesses? Startups looking to name a new business? An existing business hoping to attract new customers? Are you targeting a specific industry or industries? As domainers, we all want to sell domains to anyone who will buy them but if you narrow the target market for your brand and website to a more specific group you increase the probability of connecting with a group of customers in a more meaningful way (as opposed to trying to connect with a wider group of people in a less meaningful way). It’s difficult to succeed at being all things to all people. Have you created a persona for your ideal customer? How old is that customer? What is their position in the company they work for? How much money do they earn? What do they want a new domain to do for them? What are their goals and aspirations?

2). What problem are you going to solve for your ideal customer? - All of us here on NamePros want to sell domains to people and businesses, but most buyers are not looking to buy domain names, they want to buy solutions to problems. What problem will you solve for them? Will you help their business make more money? Will your domains help them reach a new audience? Will your domains make their customers view them in a better light? Will you help them stay ahead of the competition some how?

3). What is your brand about? – What is the purpose of your brand? If you say your brand /website is about selling domains, how is it any different from all of the other websites that sell domains? On its very best days, what higher purpose will your brand serve? This doesn’t have to be about charity or “traditional views of goodwill”, it can be about helping companies make money, save money, expand their market, establish a new brand or anything you choose. If you have this “higher purpose” in mind it can guide not only how you name your brand but everything you do with your brand.

4). What is the personality for your brand? – How do you want your audience to feel when they hear your brand name or visit your website? Do you want your brand to be seen as humorous? Do you want to be seen as very professional with a lot of authority? Perhaps you want to portray your brand as more of a casual “everyday person next door” who is unpretentious and very relatable? Have you established a voice and tone for your brand?

It may seem like addressing questions like those above is overkill if you are simply going to post domains for sale on Sedo or send emails to specific businesses about names you have. I’m mentioning these issues because you used the word “brand” and because of that I assume you want your company name and website to convey a specific image so that your website makes selling domains easier.

On this forum we newbies are often told to only buy domains with a clear purpose in mind. I think that same rule should apply to choosing a name for your company. When you (as the owner) have answers to all the questions above and we (the NamePros community) have none of that information, giving you more useful feedback and suggestions about a brand name is difficult. If we don’t have a clear understanding of what you want your name to do for your business all we can do is say things like “Name number 1 is catchy” or “Name number 2 has a nice ring to it” or “I don’t like name number 3 because it’s too long” or “Name number 4 makes me think of my cat who died when I was 10 years old”. If we were to make name suggestions for your brand without additional info we would simply be brainstorming cute names that could apply to any other company that sells domains, not a specific name for you that will help your brand achieve its goals (I guess we would be domaining…LOL).

I am not suggesting that you share all the details of your business plan or marketing plan with us but perhaps you could guide our thinking a bit more with something like “I want to create a company to sell domain names to existing, established businesses. I want the brand to be simple and to convey a sense of authority. The brand personality is not really humorous so funny names are not appealing to me. The tagline “Making it easy grow your business” really does appeal to me but it may or may not work with the name I end up using.” A statement similar to that would give us a slightly better framework for evaluating the options you presented and for making suggestions (if we were asked to).

Without more basic information about your brand, we (the NamePros community) can only base our opinions of your current name options on our own life experiences and personal associations. As I mentioned previously, there is no reason one or all of your current name options could not work for you. If you add cool taglines and stylish logos to them it’s possible I might change my mind and think that they are all awesome company names.

These are just some thoughts off the top of my head. With a bit more guidance from you I’d be happy to suggest some alternatives (if something comes to mind) or I could just mind my own business and keep my two cents out of your thread :)

Best of luck to you.

P.S. – As South already has already said, if you have a vision for your brand and the names you’ve chosen work with it you may want to simply disregard everything we’ve said and just build the vision you have in mind.

Last edited:
•••
•••
:talk:

in the end, doesn't matter what you brand yourself, if you're selling crap names. :)

brand your "real name" or your first name, then domains.com

you have the power, to always 'rebrand' yourself ~

imo....

•••
Sorry that some you really don't like my finds. :)
All I asked of my fellows was to rank the options given.
I felt that some comments were to no effect than just crapping on my work.
Even tho I am searching (still) for better names, they are very scarce.

New2, I wasn't asking for for you to do professional branding - for free!
But thank you for your attention to the matter. I see that you really do care.

I feel that branding matters, no matter what tier of customers you cater to.
However, my plan is to focus on small businesses and startups (my people).
And when my site is live, you can go there & tell me how crappy my names are. :p

•••
I feel that branding matters, no matter what tier of customers you cater to.

one does not have to have a "brand" to sell domain names.

trust, professionalism, and referrers alone, can help one move domains.

tenure can sway benefit of doubt, and reputation can damage or persuade a potential to do biz with a "persona`, entity or individual".

however, in the end...it's the domain that brings both parties together.

:)

imo....

•••
I would go for ClickableDomains definitely.
As you said that you were targeting small businesses and startups, domain ClickableDomains suggests that you offer domains with high ctr and that's something that every business is looking for.
My second choice would be PremiumDomainz if you target wide audience, basically everyone

•••
one does not have to have a "brand" to sell domain names.

trust, professionalism, and referrers alone, can help one move domains.
however, in the end...it's the domain that brings both parties together.
You could replace the word "domains" with any other product (cars) and what you say is still true.
Does that mean that all the brands out there are wasting their time and money on branding?
When I say branding matters, I don't say that to the exclusion of any other important elements that you mentioned.
I never said branding is all, I only said branding matters.
And to address your implication that I only have crap names to sell: you have your bias, I have mine.

Last edited:
•••
Does that mean that all the brands out there are wasting their time and money on branding?

no, some brands are beneficial, when the "flock", flock to them, thru word of mouth and they actually service what they serve.

And to address your implication that I only have crap names to sell: you have your bias, I have mine.

that was not an implication for you to take personally, it was only expressed to show contrast to labeling versus content.

eg: if you were iconicdomains and none of the names listed your site were of "icon quality"

or you were clickabledomains and no one ever clicked on them.

imo....

•••
Back to the original question, MondoNames seems best of the lot.

Iconic sounds nice, but would only work with potentially iconic names. SacramentoPlumbing.com, for example, may be a good name, but it can never be iconic. So the name would be hyperbole.

Clickable, in my mind, restricts the usage concept too much. Also, people are tapping quite a bit, and clickable may soon be dated.

That leaves Mondo Names. Fun, easy to remember, vague enough that you could go in any direction.

•••
I m not sure but if you force me to chose any one name I chose clicknames.

•••
I would really like to give you my opinion but before doing that I'd need to know if you are planning to sell brandables, if you want to make a website with the available domains of the day or if you will be offering a 360 degrees domain solution. Because I would probably vote s different name for each of the above options.

If I have to vote only according to my preference then I would probably say ForteDomains because Iconic sound a bit " big " for startups.

•••
Poll closed. I like Iconic Names too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back