IT.COM

Help! Losing a 4L at GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch

snailman

Established Member
Impact
One of the accounts i manage is in my mothers name,and since i dont check her email i had to pay the $80 redemption fee twice already. The domain expired january 11. I logged into her account around 28-29th of january, did not see anything at all so i assumed i tranferred it into a different account.
A few days ago i checked all of my accounts and couldnt find it anywhere, but godaddy website showed it on auction.
I log in into the original account and see nothing--- i cant even find my domain in godaddy auctions,UNLESS i log out or log in with a different account.
Why would that be the case i wonder.
I called godaddy but they refused my redemption fee and said they got more money from somebody else.
They took my money two times but now they cant/wont? What is going on?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is how Godaddy steals domains, sadly, your domain is probably gone for good. They delete the domain from your account's main list after a few days of expiration. Then after 30 days they remove the domain completely from all lists, including the "expired domains" list which is hidden in plain sight.

I attached a screenshot of where the domain should be. Get all your domains out godaddy ASAP.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 8.43.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 8.43.03 PM.png
    110 KB · Views: 42
•••
You can only renew a domain up to 30 days after it expired. If the domain is still on auction you can bid on it but it may also be in the area Dan is showing you above where you can redeem it. You can call into support for help locating it, but if the domain is over 30 days expired it may be too late to renew it.

•••
You can only renew a domain up to 30 days after it expired. If the domain is still on auction you can bid on it but it may also be in the area Dan is showing you above where you can redeem it. You can call into support for help locating it, but if the domain is over 30 days expired it may be too late to renew it.

Well Joe, the problem is that it has been 45 days as long as i can remember. I have several accounts at Godaddies yet I learn about this novelty ( an internal adjustment that does not have to be announced, i am quoting your employee here) when it costs me $1000.

How come I could see my name on auction from any account or while being logged out, but as soon as i log in into the original account it isnt anywhere,like if it does not exist. Tell me this is not sneaky

•••
Well Joe, the problem is that it has been 45 days as long as i can remember. I have several accounts at Godaddies yet I learn about this novelty ( an internal adjustment that does not have to be announced, i am quoting your employee here) when it costs me $1000.

How come I could see my name on auction from any account or while being logged out, but as soon as i log in into the original account it isnt anywhere,like if it does not exist. Tell me this is not sneaky
use email consolidator to merge all of your email account into one, so you could easily check important email on your daily routine

•••
Adopting a practice of checking your emails routinely will work in your favor because Go Daddy will definitely flood you with emails before a domain name expire. There is also a setting on each domain name that allows you to select the time frame you want to be notified way before the name expires. I receive notifications on my phone the moment an email is sent to my account. As the previous post suggested, consolidating your emails will work in your favor as well as a periodic regiment of reading your incoming emails...Lets always keep in mind that domaining is a hobby and livelihood for many of us and we have to exert more focus on the little things that can cause us the biggest headaches...(y)

•••

You should be able to see any domain listed for sale on the auction from any account. We don't even have a way to block them like that if we wanted.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back