Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Help...I'm having CSS and IE problems

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

kpm547

Established Member
Impact
1
I just uploaded my redone site. Worked great on the test server in IE but not anymore.

Help!

This is the site: www.lasara.org
This is the lin to the style sheet: www.lasara.org/css/lasarastyle.org

For some reason the main content div does not recognize a top margin or the min-height in internet explorer. I know IE doesn't recognize the min-height attribute. How do you get around that and have the footer stay at the bottom of the page? Also is there any issues with margins in IE?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I dont seem to be able to visit your site at the moment and am unclear about exactly what you want to do, but as for simulating min-height it is possible to add some javascript with the IE propietary expression() in your CSS.

I have a short howto on my site here. The example says max-width, but the principle would be the same for min-height even though the condition clause in the expression() would differ.
 
0
•••
cerebus said:
I dont seem to be able to visit your site at the moment and am unclear about exactly what you want to do, but as for simulating min-height it is possible to add some javascript with the IE propietary expression() in your CSS.

I have a short howto on my site here. The example says max-width, but the principle would be the same for min-height even though the condition clause in the expression() would differ.


I don't know anything about javascript. Could you post what I would need to simulate min-height? Is it possibleto do if I want the min height to be 100%?
 
0
•••
I was able to access your site now and I think what you want to use is an expression like:
Code:
height:expression(document.body.clientHeight + 'px');

But since you have to take into account the height of the footer itself for all but the outer container, you want something like this for all but the #main container:
Code:
height:expression(document.body.clientHeight - 20 + 'px');

This goes for all containers that has min-height:100% and height:100%. Be sure to add this statement after those two.

I tried with one page of your site and it worked out fine, but I did not take much time to look into your code so it might cause problems on other pages.
 
0
•••
Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try when I get home.
 
0
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back