Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Help for CSS in IE and FF

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dzigner

Established Member
Impact
0
Hi
I have this website in frames, and I am planning to move it to css. I have redone the index page here, but as you can see, I have some problems.
I have tried to change some css settings, and it looks OK(not exact) in FF, but in IE, not good at all.
You will notice in FF, the positioning is OK, except that the heading inside the content has to be in the middle, but it appears fine in IE.
Now IE has more trouble with this:
  • The top banner is sticking to the content.
  • There is a horizontal scrollbar too, which I do not want.
  • The content does not go all the way to the end like it does in FF.

This is the css code(only positioning, not whole file):
Code:
/* position CSS */
.bnr { /* top banner */
	position: fixed;
	height: 10%;
	top: 0;
	left: 30%;
	padding: 0 0 10px 0;
}
#nav { /* left navigation list */
	position: fixed;
	left: 10px;
	top: 10%;
	width: 110px;
	height: auto;
}
#rgtcont { /* the main content trbl */
	position: absolute;
	top: 10%;
	bottom: 200px;
	left: 120px;
	width: auto;
	height: 450px;
	overflow: auto;
	padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
	text-align:justify;
	border-width: 2px 0 2px 4px;
	border-style: ridge solid ridge groove;
	border-color: mediumorchid;
}

#btm { /* the bottom links etc.*/
	position:absolute;
	padding: 15px 0 -5px 0;
	width: auto;
	left: 150px;
	bottom: 0;
	text-align:center;
}
The htm code has also changed, if you guys need that too?
Any thoughts?
thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back