IT.COM

HELP! How to appoint DNS to Sedo, while at GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VirtualEstateChris

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I have a domain registered at godaddy, however I want to park it at Sedo. Can someone show me how to change the DNS? Thanks!

-Chris

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In your godaddy account, go to your domain.
The navigation from there is shown and easy to find and easy to do.

•••
Or to be more dummy friendly, you need to change your domain name servers to sedo's which is probably ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com

•••
Hello,

domain registered at godaddy, Can someone show me how to change the DNS? Thanks!

-Chris
In regards to your question, here below are the instructions taken directly from their support page as well as the respecting link where the information is located.

If your domain name is registered with us, use the following instructions to update its nameservers depending how you use or host the domain name.
To Set Nameservers for a Domain Name Registered with Us

Next to Domains, click Launch.
Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
From (Nameservers), select Set Nameservers.
Select one of the following:
I want to park my domains — This option parks your domain name on our parked servers. When someone opens your domain name from a Web browser, our default parking page displays.
I want to forward my domains — Use this option if you want to forward this domain name to another URL. See Forwarding or Masking Your Domain Name for more information.
I have a hosting account with these domains — Use this option when your domain name is hosted with us.
I have specific nameservers for my domains — This option indicates that you are hosting your domain name with another company (enter the two or more nameservers your hosting provider gave you), or you have custom nameservers you want to use for this domain name.

TIP: For .com, .net, and .edu domain names, see Custom Nameserver Restriction for .com, .net, and .edu Domain Names for information on using custom nameservers with these domain names. Likewise, certain country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs) have specific requirements for their nameservers. See About ccTLDs (Country-Code Domain Names) to find the Help article with the nameserver requirements for your ccTLD.

NOTE: You must enter at least two nameservers. After you set third-party nameservers and the DNS propagates, you can no longer manage your domain name's DNS in our system and must contact your third-party provider to do so.
(Optional) If DNSSEC is available for the domain name's extension and the domain name is hosted with another provider, you can click Manage DS Records to set up self-managed DNSSEC. See About Self-Managed DNSSEC for information.
Click OK.

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/664/setting-nameservers-for-your-domain-names

Instructions highlighted in bold and underline seems would apply to your opening question and post.

•••
You just need to put sedo parking dns setting........

ns1.sedoparking.com
ns2.sedoparking.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back