.mobi Help Help

SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dochlaggie

Established Member
Impact
12
Help. I am trying to put up some mobi sites.

I used the mobi templates and have tried to put a site up on dees.mobi.

What am I doing wrong ? My browsers do not pick up the index.xhtml file??

I edited the templates in Dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
dochlaggie said:
Help. I am trying to put up some mobi sites.

I used the mobi templates and have tried to put a site up on dees.mobi.

What am I doing wrong ? My browsers do not pick up the index.xhtml file??

I edited the templates in Dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance.

You need to set up Apache or IIS to use index.xhtml as an index file. It is probably easier to just rename the file to index.html though.
 
1
•••
Rename your index file to index.html, and make sure to use the latest version of XHTML Mobile Profile (currently version 1.1):

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.1//EN" "http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/xhtml-mobile11.dtd">
 
1
•••
many thanks for your help

Many thanks for your help
 
0
•••
did that and the site is o.k. in firefox, but not explorer

Hi, i did as suggested.

On my blackberry - with the Wap browser the site is fine, except the darker green lines are not visible.
with the Blackbery browser the site is fine except you cant see the top and bottom green strips or the fine green darker lines at all.

Site looks good on my computer with firefox. With explorer it wont open past the index html file.

Is this something with my browser setting or the mobi page??

Sorry I ask so many questions.

I wish there was a easy way to amke mobi sites.

Soemone posted a link to those templates on nampros. I forget where the templates where bt it could have been the mobi site.

they are not the latest version.

Does anyone know of other templates and mobi site builders. Sorry am not very tech savy. Just finding my way the hard way here.

I dont know how to change the templates I have to 1.1

Thanks everyone.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back