IT.COM

[HELP] Domain Backordering Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

EGS

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I need your help if you have experience with backordering a domain name.

I want this domain name that's expiring in a few months. It's currently registered at GoDaddy. I tried contacting the registrant via email but no response from her... :-/

So I was wondering, since this domain is registered at GoDaddy, would I have best luck backordering with GoDaddy? Or would I have better luck backordering with a better backordering service, like NameDrive or something? Maybe even Pool? :-/

Please help as soon as possible so I know what to do. :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EGS said:

I want this domain name that's expiring in a few months. It's currently registered at GoDaddy. I tried contacting the registrant via email but no response from her... :-/

So I was wondering, since this domain is registered at GoDaddy, would I have best luck backordering with GoDaddy? Or would I have better luck backordering with a better backordering service, like NameDrive or something? Maybe even Pool? :-/

Please help as soon as possible so I know what to do. :-/

The major dropcatchers are Pool.com, Snapnames.com, and NameJet.com.

If you want this domain bad enough, put in backorders at all three dropcatchers (free--you pay only when you win the domain). If you can, place a backorder at GoDaddy, but it will cost you $19.99. Also, if someone else has already backordered it, you won't be able to do so (the domain will show as registered and unavailable).

If the domain is highly sought after, Godaddy is not likely to catch it--they simply don't put the resources in catching a domain that they will be handing over for $19.95.

Good luck!

•••
EGS said:

I want this domain name that's expiring in a few months. It's currently registered at GoDaddy.

Registrar: Godaddy.com -
tdnam.com for marketplace backorder.

•••
EGS said:
I want this domain name that's expiring in a few months. It's currently registered at GoDaddy.

Then it will go to the auction first (tdNam ) before it drops, you should better pay attention on this.

•••
The domain will go the the GoDaddy Auctions about 28 days (approx. I don't recall the exact amount of days) after it expires and isn't renewed by the owner. If you backorder it at GoDaddy then your backorder will show up as the first bid on the domain. You are better to wait until it appears on the GoDaddy Auctions and then snap it up at the last moment. This saves you the backorder money if the domain is renewed (although you can use the backorder on another domain).

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back