discuss Help! DNS problem nobody seems to have answer to

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xn--v4h.com

Emoji domains at Punycode.comEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have a DS record (needed for DNSSEC). Right now domain xn--e5h.com has NS:

ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com

These NS have zone xn--e5h.com on it and return RR records (A, MX). But the domain doesn't resolve right now because you also have DS record which is not properly configured. Try to delete this DS record.

Here the article how you can add DS, try to delete it in the same place - https://ua.godaddy.com/help/add-a-ds-record-23865

Updating domain records takes about 24 hours.
THANK YOU!! I will try this.

•••
@namesilo
As I already said, these (and many other) IPs are in permanent rotation by GoDaddy...
And such behaviour is common in terms of load balancing...

•••
Your problem is very likely that the two name servers in use by your domain (NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM and NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM) are each handing out a different IP when queried for your domain. See the DIG results below for proof. In short, NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM is handing out 184.168.221.2 while NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM is handing out 50.63.202.5.

I suspected a NameServer error at first, but then realized OP had changed NS several times to GoDaddy Defaults.

upload_2017-7-11_13-44-44.png

@xn--v4h.com Did you try adding either your custom Weebly IP or the 199 IP to your A Host as previously mentioned?

•••

ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com

These NS have zone xn--e5h.com on it and return RR records (A, MX). But the domain doesn't resolve right now because you also have DS record which is not properly configured. Try to delete this DS record.

Here the article how you can add DS, try to delete it in the same place - https://ua.godaddy.com/help/add-a-ds-record-23865

Man, you are supremely brilliant. Thank you again!

ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com

Want to let you know this WORKED!!! Didn't have to wait 24 hours, just a few minutes. Thank you so much. You solved something that so many people have flat out couldn't figure out.

Thanks so much everyone for your trying to help. You guys continue to amaze me.

•••
I suspected a NameServer error at first, but then realized OP had changed NS several times to GoDaddy Defaults.

Show attachment 63835

@xn--v4h.com Did you try adding either your custom Weebly IP or the 199 IP to your A Host as previously mentioned?
For each change of IP, I can assure you there was much frustration! ;)

•••
Because ~99% of people don't use DNSSEC and don't think about it...

•••
Because ~99% of people don't use DNSSEC and don't think about it...
And then there's the .01% who use it but don't know what the hell it is (me!)

•••
You have a problem on port 443, filtering is on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back