discuss Help! DNS problem nobody seems to have answer to

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xn--v4h.com

Emoji domains at Punycode.comEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler Do you have an answer to our problem? I've placed 3 calls into Godaddy and every time they say they can connect from Arizona but when I explained that it's not connecting everywhere they simply didn't understand what I was talking about.

•••
Quite of ISPs ignores time period (DNS TTL). So cached record getting updated every two to three days.

•••
Quite of ISPs ignores time period (DNS TTL). So cached record getting updated every two to three days.
It has been three WEEKS.

•••
•••
You may also use intodns.com for the detailed report...

•••
•••
You may also use intodns.com for the detailed report...
Thanks, this report says all I'm missing is an MX record but the issue goes beyond that. Perhaps I'm wrong.

•••
did you properly setup forward or mask your domain

•••
So what is your problem, a few and different A-records (IPs)???
No any issue here... this is normal and used for the load balancing purposes...

•••
•••
GoDaddy just rotates many IPs...
That's why you see these so-called by you "spotty connections"...

•••
If you want the stable connections - buy the dedicated IP...

Last edited:
•••
Also you may try another DNS-provider:
NS1.com
CloudNS.net

etc.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Told you guys, not so simple, sorry! Google's not responding, Godaddy's not responding. It's ridiculous.

•••
Yes, it may be "down" (no response) for some bots, if they are filtered on GoDaddy's firewall...
But it should work normally for all people...

+ try another DNS-provider (as I already said above)...

Last edited:
•••
p.s. I don't use GoDaddy at all.

•••
@Grilled copying you since you might have an idea?

Thanks for including me - but this really isn't my level of expertise. I might be able to ask a few simple questions to extract info that might be needed for PROS (I really don't know this stuff!)....

(1) Has the domain ever resolved properly? The latest screenshot I can find appear to be default TransIP pages (correlating to the old TransIP NameServer)

(2) Are you trying to redirect venus symbol to Weebly hosted Son###Shi.com? If so, below might be your solution.

The peace symbol forwards just fine using 5.22.149.135 (Assuming default Moniker Weebly Forward) Thus, you need to use GoDaddy default Weebly IP Addresses (199.34.228.55, 199.34.228.56, 199.34.228.57, 199.34.228.58, 199.34.228.59, 199.34.228.100) Anyone of the 199 IP addresses should work as long as you're not signed up for Weebly business service using SSL. If you are business class, you'll need to use a special IP provided by Weebly in you weebly settings.

upload_2017-7-11_6-31-43.png

upload_2017-7-11_6-34-30.png

Video below if you need step by steps...

Or a link HERE

•••
Anyone of the 199 IP addresses should work as long as you're not signed up for Weebly business service using SSL. If you are business class, you'll need to use a special IP provided by Weebly in you weebly settings.

Sonshi.com is business class, which Venus symbol is being forwarded to. So do I use (for example) 199.34.228.55 provided from Godaddy -or- my special IP address provided from Weebly to set up the forward from Godaddy?

•••
Sonshi.com is business class, which Venus symbol is being forwarded to. So do I use (for example) 199.34.228.55 provided from Godaddy -or- my special IP address provided from Weebly to set up the forward from Godaddy?

Ahhh - the saga continues!

I assume you can use the 199 addresses. This assumption is based off not seeing custom IP's for properly forwarding URLS.org and Peace Symbol. Peace Symbol uses Moniker Weebly IP and URLs uses Google Weebly IP. Thus, the assumption to go ahead and use GoDaddy Weebly IP (If you haven't already)

If that doesn't work, try the IP given to you in Weebly settings.... Mind you the update can supposedly take 24-48 hours.

•••
@Grilled already give you some great answer's to resolve your problem.

If it doesn't work just contact godaddy support and ask for a supervisor that is qualified to answer your question (normally the supervisor can answer your question)

Or you maybe @Paul Nicks could shed some light here.

•••
Your problem is very likely that the two name servers in use by your domain (NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM and NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM) are each handing out a different IP when queried for your domain. See the DIG results below for proof. In short, NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM is handing out 184.168.221.2 while NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM is handing out 50.63.202.5. My advice is to show the DIG results below to Godaddy and ask why their 2 name servers are handing out different IPs as this is very uncommon and typically indicative of a problem.

Regarding which IP to use, 199.34.228.55 is an IP from Weebly's system (they have several IPs). You will want to ask Weebly which IP is correct for you since I believe only certain IPs are used for https if you require that and have it configured.

Here are the dig results:

dig a xn--e5h.com @NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

; <<>> DiG 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4 <<>> a xn--e5h.com @NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 32871
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;â.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
â.com. 600 IN A 184.168.221.2

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
â.com. 3600 IN NS ns76.domaincontrol.com.
â.com. 3600 IN NS ns75.domaincontrol.com.

-------------------------------------------------

dig a xn--e5h.com @NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

; <<>> DiG 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.62.rc1.el6_9.4 <<>> a xn--e5h.com @NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 29986
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;â.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
â.com. 600 IN A 50.63.202.5

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
â.com. 3600 IN NS ns76.domaincontrol.com.
â.com. 3600 IN NS ns75.domaincontrol.com.

•••
You have a DS record (needed for DNSSEC). Right now domain xn--e5h.com has NS:

ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com

These NS have zone xn--e5h.com on it and return RR records (A, MX). But the domain doesn't resolve right now because you also have DS record which is not properly configured. Try to delete this DS record.

Here the article how you can add DS, try to delete it in the same place - https://ua.godaddy.com/help/add-a-ds-record-23865

Updating domain records takes about 24 hours.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back