IT.COM

Hello

NameSilo
Watch

spencyr

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,
First off just wanted to say thanks to all past, present and future posters, I have been browsing the forums a little bit now and I am finding lots of helpful information.

I found this forum while researching value on some old domains I have left over from a moderately successful internet marketing "career" I had a few years ago. I was trying to fully cut the cord on my server and website hosting so I could quit completely... but then I stumble across this prospect of domain selling... and I am curiously hooked.

Now I'm digging a little deeper about making a go about this domain selling... I am hoping my internet marketing and basic SEO experience will help me in the long run. I'm going to keep reading the forums and try to take in as much as I can. So much to learn!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi all,
First off just wanted to say thanks to all past, present and future posters, I have been browsing the forums a little bit now and I am finding lots of helpful information.

I found this forum while researching value on some old domains I have left over from a moderately successful internet marketing "career" I had a few years ago. I was trying to fully cut the cord on my server and website hosting so I could quit completely... but then I stumble across this prospect of domain selling... and I am curiously hooked.

Now I'm digging a little deeper about making a go about this domain selling... I am hoping my internet marketing and basic SEO experience will help me in the long run. I'm going to keep reading the forums and try to take in as much as I can. So much to learn!
Domain flipping could be fun but also futile. Just don't put too much time into it. Have it as an additional service. More of a 'set it and forget it' tactic is recommended. The domain industry could be quite futile for most newcomers. I believe for every 1 domain buyer, there's 5,000 domain flippers. Everyone hear about domains selling for crazy cost and want a piece of the action, which is understandable. This is some of the stuff I see from many domain flippers, example: "Silver.com sold for $800,000; therefore, my newly registered domain bestsilverpricesintheworld2018.com is worth $100,000". If it were only that easy, we would all be rich, huh.

Many domain flippers forget that additional relevant underlying data associated with domains, ex. age of domain, backlinks, history of revenue, if it was a once-thriving website, organic traffic, direct type-in traffic, if there are other domain extensions taken, if there are other 'like' domains taken i.e. bobsWhatever.com, BillsWhatever.com, BeckysWhatever.com, etc, if there are many other organizations that share the same name, if the domain has been blacklisted as spam or associated with fraudulent activity, etc. Also, at the end of the day, a domain is only worth what someone is willing to spend and if a domain has solid underlying data, the domain would likely catch more interest.

Overall, I think you'll have a great time networking with other domainers and perhaps you'll have an opportunity to gain true heavy-hitting, category killing monsters in your portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back