NameSilo

Hello, hello, NamePros!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
3,226
My name is RJ. I am an old member, but I see a lot of new faces, so I figure I should re-introduce myself.

I've been a domainer and web developer since 1997. In 2003, I started NamePros and sailed this ship, along with my wife Rachel, until early 2012. Today I live in Las Vegas with my three children and am currently attending UNLV to get my teaching degree.

It is good to see you all.

RJ
 
31
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hello RJ and welcome back to NP :)
 
5
•••
Hey hey RJ.
 
5
•••
Welcome!
I have yet to see a handle that dates to 2003!
 
5
•••
Welcome back! :)
 
5
•••
Welcome back and thanks for starting this awesome community :)
 
5
•••
There are many veterans here whom we newbies unaware of. posts like this give us great chance network with most experienced domainers in the industry. :) happy to know about you RJ
 
4
•••
Welcome Back!
 
4
•••
Hello @RJ

Thanks for creating this wonderful platform!

Welcome back :)
 
4
•••
Funny, you came to mind about a month ago, RJ, when I signed-in after a spell.

I remembered your post announcing you sold NP, specifically the part about how you will remain engaged with the community... and thought... HA! that's just the kinda crap owners say when they sell the shop -so folks don't think they're abandoning ship... as they take the money and run.

Now I got egg on my face. Thanks a lot.:laugh: And Welcome Back:)
 
4
•••
Welcome Back @RJ
 
3
•••
Hey eyedomainous!

I remembered your post announcing you sold NP, specifically the part about how you will remain engaged with the community... and thought... HA! that's just the kinda crap owners say when they sell the shop -so folks don't think they're abandoning ship... as they take the money and run.
Things didn't go as I hoped when I sold NP. The prevailing rumors of me sitting on a beach sipping mai-tais sounded better to me than what I was going through, so I just left it at that. I also lost access to my @namepros.com email account and NP login during that time which just further contributed to me feeling like a POS whenever I'd try to visit.

A few weeks ago, Eric L invited me to come back and helped me square away my account issues. (Thanks brother!) I was hesitant at first, remembering how much stress this place caused me over the years, but I'm glad to be back at NP and am enjoying interacting with everyone on the discussion boards again. NP for life!

RJ
 
7
•••
Hey eyedomainous!

NP for life!

RJ


And we're glad to have you back.
The entire forum will benefit from your return. :)

Peace,
Kenny
 
4
•••
Welcome back!
 
3
•••
Welcome back RJ ))) Nice to see you again here!
 
3
•••
Hi rj, nice to meet you, welcome back
 
3
•••
A sincere "Great to hear from you" RJ.!!
I hope you and Rachel and your family are doing great!
...and when you get that teaching degree I think there will be some lucky students as I know you will be an excellent teacher as you were always eager and forthright in sharing your knowledge here.

Take care my friend :xf.smile:

Jim
 
1
•••
Wondered what happened to the two of you.
Nice to see you are both doing good.

I hope you and Rachel and your family are doing great!
I bear bad news.

Rachel (aka NPQueen, aka Rachel James) passed away at 1 a.m. on February 1, 2013 from complications due to pneumonia.

This video and the attached program are from her memorial service.
 

Attachments

  • RachelMemorialSvc.pdf
    812.1 KB · Views: 113
5
•••
Damn!
My sincere sympathy on your loss.
 
3
•••
Oh...I am so sorry to hear that RJ....peace to her and you and your family.

Thanks for sharing the video

Jim
 
2
•••
Sorry for your loss.
Very sad video :(
 
1
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back