Hello Everybody - My first post...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

joezcorner

Established Member
Impact
Bumped into this website and I'm impressed with all of the features - especially since I can sell domains for free...Some of the rules seem a little confusing but I am new to this game and need to learn alot more!

Can anyone recommend which is the most practical way to collect payment, if I sell a domain name. Should it be through escrow.com or PayPal...?

Thanks for any suggestions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to the forum @joezcorner! Great question the answer depends on how much you are selling the domain for, personally unless it is a high figure ($1000.00+) I would use Paypal, of course I do my due diligence (check out history etc of the buyer)
Anyway, hope to see you around!

•••
Welcome! Escrow and PayPal are the way to go.

•••
•••
Welcome to the forum @joezcorner! Great question the answer depends on how much you are selling the domain for, personally unless it is a high figure ($1000.00+) I would use Paypal, of course I do my due diligence (check out history etc of the buyer)
Anyway, hope to see you around!
Hey, thanks for the quick reply! As I said, I'm new at domain buying & selling and need all the help I can get. I just did a Google search for 'paypal vs. escrow.com' when selling a domain name and one result said that using escrow.com requires less paperwork..." The domain that I want to sell is probably not worth $1,000 so I will definitely consider PayPal - Thanks again!

•••
•••
•••
Welcome! Escrow and PayPal are the way to go.
Absolutely! If it's 500 or under Paypal is the way to go.. Escrow.com is they way to go for higher value sales. It all depends really on what you're comfortable with in the transaction.

•••
Just want to say hi and welcome.

•••
Trying to say hello and thanks to all but I get an 'error message' that says I cannot post more than 3 times within 5 minutes..." using a free account (?) - will need to continue this later...

•••
welcome joezcorner
Paypal is great if you avoid ticking the box paying/sending money for goods or services, as the person receiving the money gets hit with a 2.9% + $.30 fee for the transaction. Just make sure your transactions are personal, click the sending money to family and friends (both parties have to be in the same country) then there are no fees.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
PayPal and Escrow are great - yes, but do your research because there are plent of "shady" buyers and then PayPal disputes. Always do some screenshots and protect yourself. You could also try Undeveloped. They take 15% comission but listing/selling a domain with them is really easy.

•••
Paypal is great if you avoid ticking the box paying/sending money for goods or services, as the person receiving the money gets hit with a 2.9% + $.30 fee for the transaction. Just make sure your transactions are personal, click the sending money to family and friends (both parties have to be in the same country) then there are no fees.

Indeed, if you use the normal paypal payment, an indelicate buyer may fill a cash back request within 60 days, and you will loose your case ( if there is no shipping document, paypal absolutely does not care).

•••
Hi @joezcorner ... Welcome & hope to see you around ;)

•••
•••
•••
Bumped into this website and I'm impressed with all of the features - especially since I can sell domains for free...Some of the rules seem a little confusing but I am new to this game and need to learn alot more!

Can anyone recommend which is the most practical way to collect payment, if I sell a domain name. Should it be through escrow.com or PayPal...?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Welcome to the forum @joezcorner ! We both just got a couple of good pieces of advice for payment in here. I've sold domains before, but never directly as done here.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back