Dynadot

legal HeidiPowell.com judge gives opposition another chance...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TRY

StrongPunch.comTop Member
Impact
Source - heidipowell.com
Another update yesterday:
the Trustee filed a request to change the hearing date to July 12, 2017. His reasoning for requesting a continuance is his need for time to review the declarations we filed on June 7, 2017 which were filed in response to his motion to sell my domain name and contract with Godaddy.

The court supposedly called godaddy, but no record of the call?

Visit heidipowell.com for more info.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it will be quite disgusting if this lady loses her domain.

•••
This is an absolute joke. Stereotypical stupid narcissistic blonde thinks she is the bees knees and can have whatever she wants, her ego blown up due to having thousands of (idiotic) followers.

•••
•••
I think it will be quite disgusting if this lady loses her domain.
I am sincerely worried if they eventually make her lost that domain name because I now feel that UDRP panelist are not entirely sincere in most of their judgement... forgive me, i won't be surprise if those guys do collect bribes with the kind of outrageous judgement being passed at the expense of rightful domain name owners.

•••
I am sincerely worried if they eventually make her lost that domain name because I now feel that UDRP panelist are not entirely sincere in most of their judgement... forgive me, i won't be surprise if those guys do collect bribes with the kind of outrageous judgement being passed at the expense of rightful domain name owners.
The following excerpt from heidipowell.com
"As we understand it, the trustee's motion was denied based on several missteps by trustee, things he did wrong or didn't do at all, along with the fact that the judge did not know if our contract with Godaddy could be legally transferred to another person. He requested the trustee to contact Godaddy's legal department to find out. That part of the conversation was erased from the hearing's audio recording for an unknown reason and we do not know if any call took place."

Last edited:
•••
The following excerpt from heidipowell.com
"As we understand it, the trustee's motion was denied based on several missteps by trustee, things he did wrong or didn't do at all, along with the fact that the judge did not know if our contract with Godaddy could be legally transferred to another person. He requested the trustee to contact Godaddy's legal department to find out. That part of the conversation was erased from the hearing's audio recording for an unknown reason and we do not know if any call took place."

WOW... just wow! The woman shouldn't let them steal her domain name and I will urge the domain community to back her up as much as we all can. This will be the height of injustice should she lost that domain name and I wonder why this whole thing is still dragging on till now wherein they know what to do.

•••
I'm sad to report that the same judge who decided to sell her my name has denied our motion to obtain a Stay. A stay would have stopped the sale waiting for an appeal decision. Without the stay there is no point to an appeal as the sale will take place without the ability to get it back should we win on appeal. In place of a stay the trustee has requested a $20K bond as insurance if we lose on appeal (to stop the sale while appealing) to protect his interests should she walk away during the appeal process. The bonding company requires a $20K letter of credit to cover it. People who have gone through bankruptcy can't get a letter of credit. Unless there is a miracle by Monday it's gone.

•••
I'm sad to report that the same judge who decided to sell her my name has denied our motion to obtain a Stay. A stay would have stopped the sale waiting for an appeal decision. Without the stay there is no point to an appeal as the sale will take place without the ability to get it back should we win on appeal. In place of a stay the trustee has requested a $20K bond as insurance if we lose on appeal (to stop the sale while appealing) to protect his interests should she walk away during the appeal process. The bonding company requires a $20K letter of credit to cover it. People who have gone through bankruptcy can't get a letter of credit. Unless there is a miracle by Monday it's gone.

I do not know how laws in the US works, but on the basis of logic, this is PURE SCAM/FRAUD... I thought domain name is first come first served? Believe it or not, money has changed hands. That judge has been heavily PAID... It is sad!

•••
The judge hasn't been paid. How she is able to do this is because this is a bankruptcy court ruling. When the other Heidi could not get my name by suing us for cybersquatting she thought up another way to take it away from me, by having our 2012 discharged bankruptcy re-opened. She looked up our past and found we had not claimed my name on our bankruptcy schedule when we filed. When you file for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy everything you own becomes part of your estate. The trustee assigned to your estate is in control of what you own. At the time you file you are allowed to keep certain things. There are allowances for things like cars. If a car has more value than you are allowed it must be sold to pay off part of the debt. If it's an old car not worth much you are allowed to keep it. We listed everything we owned which wasn't much and nothing was valuable enough to sell. What the trustee doesn't take to sell he "abandons"...which means you get to keep it. We did not think to list my name or my husbands name. Who would? I haven't come across anyone who would have known to claim their own names, who's not a domainer at least. We had to provide 8 years of spending records and included our renewal fees under internet expenses. No one told us to do differently. Because we did not list it as property, giving the trustee the opportunity to take it and sell it or decided to abandon it (which he would have done because it had no value) the court has ruled that he can now take it and sell it to her and use the money to pay off creditors that have come forward wanting a piece of it. I didn't claim my toenails either and guessing if she wanted to pay them $20k for one of them they'd be over here removing it from my foot. It feels that disgusting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back