Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
John Colascione over at strategicrevenue.com wrote this:

Domainers: Emergency Funding Needed in HeidiPowell.com Appeal Process

NEW YORK, NY –
If you have been watching and reading within domain name news and commentary circles for the last few months, you’re probably aware of the atrocity taking place where Heidi Powell, a senior city resident of Washington, is VIGEROUSLY fighting to keep rights to her own domain name, registered since 2005, and an exact match of her actual name, “Heidi Powell” HeidiPowell.com.

Many domain enthusiasts, including myself, have come to the aid of Mr. and Mrs. Powell by way of making donations for their case, assistance with attorney fees, and other expenses related to the cost of litigation.
The case has been going on since early 2016, and surprisingly, has raised several challenges along the way. You would think an exact match of your own legal name would be simple to defend and a frivolous case at best. However, another woman with the same name has found a way to utilize a past bankruptcy to wiggle away the domain as an undisclosed asset....

The full article is here:
https://www.strategicrevenue.com/do...ing-needed-in-heidipowell-com-appeal-process/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for posting!

Update:
August 16, 2017
Court Filing - ORDER Granting Allowing Debtor's Motion Stay To Be Heard Pending Appeal

Hearing date is set for 8/22/2017 at 02:00 PM
Judge Barreca's Courtroom, U.S. Courthouse,
Room 7106, 700 Stewart St, Seattle, WA 98101

If you're on twitter please re-tweet
https://twitter.com/heidipowell/status/898290388196139008

•••
I'm sad to report that the same judge who decided to sell her my name has denied our motion to obtain a Stay. A stay would have stopped the sale waiting for an appeal decision. Without the stay there is no point to an appeal as the sale will take place without the ability to get it back should we win on appeal. In place of a stay the trustee has requested a $20K bond as insurance if we lose on appeal (to stop the sale while appealing) to protect his interests should she walk away during the appeal process. The bonding company requires a $20K letter of credit to cover it. People who have gone through bankruptcy can't get a letter of credit. Unless there is a miracle by Monday it's gone.

•••
Pasting copies of above where I can find a discussion about this. Hope it's OK to do that.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back