NameSilo

Heh... heh... sorry to keep boring you...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
I would like to know:

1. What is the difference between .com and .tv (and some others)
This is because .com domains are usually around $10 whereas .tv are always $50. Why is this? What do .tv domains have that .coms don't? I don't understand.

2. Also, what makes a good domain name. Ie: heres-free-money.biz - is that worth anything, and why? Can someone please tell me what makes a good domain name!

thanks a lot... again! :)
Tom

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
isn't .tv supposed to be for telivision shows?
.com is just general, for anything under the sun

heres-free-money???? uhm... seriously, i wouldn't look twice at a site with that name, first of all, almost ANYTHINg with the words FREE in it is most certainly not fre, or has an extremely large catche in the deal. Besides, the name just sounds...wrong.

I don't think anyone can really tell ya what qualities make up the perfect domain name... it's all in the eye of the beholder

Last edited:
•••
.tv domains are more expensive because the company that manages the .tv registry can charge what ever they want and registrars can also charge what ever they want

•••
PoorDoggie said:
I would like to know:

2. Also, what makes a good domain name. Ie: heres-free-money.biz - is that worth anything, and why? Can someone please tell me what makes a good domain name!

Tom

It really depends. As long as the domain is what somebody really wants, it has some market value. But one thing for sure, hyphens will make the domain worse in most circumstances, IMO.
Good luck.

•••
rongshihong said:
It really depends. As long as the domain is what somebody really wants, it has some market value. But one thing for sure, hyphens will make the domain worse in most circumstances, IMO.
Good luck.

Thanks - Thats what I wanted to know. I wasn't refering to the acctual domain name "heres-free-money.com" because I wouldn't buy that at $0.1.

Thanks for the replys guys! You can bet I'll probably be back soon!! :lol:

:)

•••
Also .tv are used when a good name is taken in all of the other extensions.

•••
1. What is the difference between .com and .tv (and some others)
This is because .com domains are usually around $10 whereas .tv are always $50. Why is this? What do .tv domains have that .coms don't? I don't understand.

Probably the shortest description is supply and demand. As they've already said before me, the registrars that control prices. A .com domain can be purchased virtually anywhere (which equals stiff competition) that sells domains while the .tv extension and others are not quite so ubiquitous.

The best domains are concise and often are very short. You'll see the 2 letter and 3 letter domains selling like hotcakes because they are the ultimate short domain. You're looking for domains with good keywords that match extensions (though they there is still a market for those that don't).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back