Domain Empire

HEEEEEEELPP please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Heres the deal is this secure

-Buyer offers a large amount of money . . for something that isnt really worth that much .
-Buyer will pay via Bt, Escrow,paypal etc etc, we decided paypal was best for both of us
-Buyer is from belgium
-Buyer is directly paying via VISA on paypal.
-Has no PP feedback

I am not sure if this is dodgy or not pelase help me

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Morphmaster said:
Heres the deal is this secure

-Buyer offers a large amount of money . . for something that isnt really worth that much .
-Buyer will pay via Bt, Escrow,paypal etc etc, we decided paypal was best for both of us
-Buyer is from belgium
-Buyer is directly paying via VISA on paypal.
-Has no PP feedback

I am not sure if this is dodgy or not pelase help me

If he already said he'd be willing to use Escrow, and you don't feel comfortable with the transaction, why don't you go back and tell him you've had a change of mind and would prefer Escrow instead of PayPal?

•••
You have three options:
1. Escrow
2. Escrow
3. Escrow

Good luck!
John

•••
Be careful, please read this before
http://www.DNF/showthread.php?t=113156
in case you are dealing with the same guy from Belgium

•••
johnn said:
You have three options:
1. Escrow
2. Escrow
3. Escrow

Good luck!
John

Agreed

Thanks for the link sdsinc!

•••
You definitely should escrow it.

•••
Esk-Roe
Only way to go!
-Allan :gl:

</getting burned by PayPal>

•••
Use Escrow for sure and beware of this guy that they are talking about. Good luck.

•••
Or ask for a certified cheque.

I should also add that it could be, to you its not worth much...but to him its worth a lot.

•••
You can always do wire transfer or things of that nature for immediate payment. You should even strongly think about this method or a certified funds, even if using escrow. Escrow does not solve any chargeback problems, very common with PP or by credit card.

Remember the old saying "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't"

•••
jmweb said:
Or ask for a certified cheque.

I should also add that it could be, to you its not worth much...but to him its worth a lot.
Do not trust a certified cheque/bank draft. Scammers can forge one which you deposit to your account, wait for it to “clear” and then receive the money. A few weeks later the bank finds out it's forged and charges you back. Of course in the mean time the scammer has made off with your goods.

If you must accept one insist that the bank confirms in writing that the issuing bank has validated the draft and confirmed the charges before handing over the goods.

•••
primacomputer said:
If you must accept one insist that the bank confirms in writing that the issuing bank has validated the draft and confirmed the charges before handing over the goods.
Sorry I thought this was a given.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back