Dynadot

report Have you traded any of your domains before?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
Have you traded any of your domains before? and for what?
Kindly post in this thread you experience in trading domain names.
Thanks for all.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
one recent deal I completed, included a cash payment and 6 NFL tickets :D. I've also completed a 3 for 1 deal with a realtor from Dallas. He wanted a name related to Dallas - and gave up 3 similar names related to other cities. I'm happy with both of those deals.

•••
I too did a 3 to 1 trade at the hype of the 5L chip buyout for several 4L coms. Those 4L coms paid for my bulk purchase of 5L coms. I basically broke even on investment but still have a hand full of 5L chips which are collecting dust.

•••
For trades and barters: Many many times. Several instances included trading 10's of names for a single name wanted to boost equipment portfolio. For barters, most consisted of a single name or small grouping of names for product or services that I either gifted, sold, used myself, etc. (car, hydro/grow eqpt [x2], welding eqpt, shatterproof window coverings, marketing lists, pwc lift, clothing, toys, electronics, solar generator...)

I highly recommend including bartering as an option.

•••
Yes, I barter domains all the time. Most of the people I barter with are people who've never bartered domains before. I for one am someone who gets bored of domains easily. I don't like to sell them at a loss, nor do I want to drop them, so I trade them instead. They're usually good domains but I feel stuck in a rut when I own them too long. It feels awesome to trade a whole bunch of domains at once. Like you've just gone on a spending spree (without the spending part).

•••
Not me personally but I had a friend who picked up a website for $45, it was a generic massage parlour wordpress site but nicey done and it looked high end.

Then he bought a domain name (city+massages) stuck the site up and contacted a few massage parlours...

He got an offer from a thai massage joint that offered him 1 free massage per week for 6 months....he negotiated 1 a week for 6 months PLUS 2 per month for another 6 months....

Not a bad deal for $45 and 1 hours work...... lol

•••
Never have I traded a domain name before. Guess I never thought about doing it either.

•••
I have traded a few times, but nothing major. I would definitely be open to trades with other interested members.

•••
Is there a service that offers trades? (Like, both parties send domains to that service to trade)
I'm willing to trade my domains, but is the only way to trust that I'm sending you my domain first, you send me yours? (Trust that they will actually follow through with the trade.)

Last edited:
•••
Escrow would likely work fine with simple trades, though there may be fees involved.

For something simpler, and a sort of proverbial paper trail, it might be best to create an NP trading thread and put faith in each other, as you would any normal NP sales thread, which is based largely upon each others' trader rating. Just my .02... GL!

•••
ive tried a few times but it seems a lot dont like to do trades regardless of the name they perfer cash :D who doesnt ?

•••
•••
•••
•••
There has been a couple times i considered working their services in on a deal but money always prevails :) Not that its never going to be an option. But the buyer will probably have to bring it up. I have ask for money syndrome

•••
I think the chances of another domainer having a domain I want and me having a domain they want, both valuing their domains at approximately the same value, is so remote a possibility, as to be unlikely I would ever strike a deal. Stocking fillers to equalize value are generally worthless. Besides. Cash is King. I can buy the domain I want for cash, and then I can sell any domain to somebody who wants it for cash. Without any need to narrow the probability to any 1 buyer.

Trading a domain for NFL tickets or massages, does sound like a good way sell a domain for non-cash remuneration. But it does certainly limit the number of people you can buy from :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back