Dynadot

debate Have you ever sold any domain here --> 'Domain Names Wanted'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never sold any domains there. Contacted a few people over the years..even posted 1 or 2 wanted ads myself...However, never completed any sales (buying or selling) via that forum.

•••
Yes, sold a few at for me acceptable prices. Not the highest possible prices that I could probably get, but I was happy with the end result.

•••
•••
Just sold four of them yesterday. My first here :D

•••
Hi guys,

Has anyone sold any domain on this thread ->> https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-names-wanted.10/

Would love to know if anyone has had any experience.

Thanks.
Yes, I have.. The key is to make sure that the domain you submit to the potential buyer meets their exact criteria and is of high quality. Many buyers find them self inundated with several domains that do not meet their criteria or very weak in quality which then not only ends up bad for the seller that gets reported for spam (Since submitting non-related domains is treated like spam), the buyer may miss some gems out of frustration. (E.g. 1 exact match coupled with 2 that are not within criteria = buyer potentially skipping them all, missing the exact match, and ignoring anymore messages from that members username.)

Quick tips:
1. Match all criteria they specify.
2. Submit quality ONLY.
3. Skip any that are not within a range you are willing to accept rather than asking for more than their budget stipulates.
4. Don't register or buy based on a Wanted listing thinking they might buy it from you. That's a good way to get stuck with domains and get frustrated.
5. If a buyer doesn't reply to your post or pm, it generally means they aren't interested. Don't harass them. Move on.
6. Don't ask for their max budget, start somewhere at 50% to 75% and leave it open for negotiating more.
7. Remember, buyers are looking for really good deals so they can also make a profit later as a reseller. Most are not end-users (with an exception of a few), so price your domains with that in mind.
8. Don't get frustrated or take it personal if a buyer doesn't like anything you offer. They may buy from you later remembering how professional you were about being rejected. Getting confrontational tends to close the door on any future business with them. In short, don't burn bridges.
9. If there are any stats to claim, be prepared and provide screenshots/proof with your domain. Buyers tend to skip over domains with unsupported claims that can't be proven and you may wind up on their ignore list.

The above are just basic tips, I'm sure there are more that can be added to that, such as being fluent in the language the buyer speaks, proper grammar, professional attitude, good reputation, positive feedback, etc, etc.

•••
Not yet, but I'm new here and I'm not a criteria :) Good luck

•••
•••
I have sold 4-5 domains in that section. Not the price i wanted but good enough..just make sure you submit domains as requested.. Sometimes the buyer expectation are so high that they think they can get LLL.com or NNNN.com for 10$ or 100$.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back