IT.COM

question Have you ever given someone a domain for free?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hi nP members,

I want to ask you the following:

Have you ever give someone a / some domain/s for free (as a gift)?
If yes - which one?
And why?

Share this part of your domain life here to ispire us by letting the world know what you know!

Thanks,
all the best with your invest,
kingof.top

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, some .eu domains ... why? That extension is completely trash.

•••
Yes gifted near expiring domains many times here on np

•••
Yes, some .eu domains ... why? That extension is completely trash.

I am simply curious how the answers will be.

•••
Often... To NGOs of people I know. To my friend (his first name dot com). To my kid's Gifted/Talented Program class, etc. Very often I will also provide hosting too on my servers, as for many of them they would not know what to do with just a domain.

•••
Yes i have done this many many time. Usually names i was not planing to renew my self that had maybe 1 to 4 months left. Or Names from Domain Lots i have bought, and names in that Lot i was not interested in my self.

•••
Often. Domains and hosting.

•••
In the late nineties I wasn't using Google.com and I gave it to my buds Sergey and Larry. ;);)

•••
In the late nineties I wasn't using Google.com and I gave it to my buds Sergey and Larry. ;);)
hahaahaaa what a big 'mistake' / gift ;)

•••
•••
I have I was going to give someone an expired ABCCCD .com couldn't do it so I gave them a NNNL.com that was not expired. :)

•••
I never have, I've only mentioned unregistered names to people who then grabbed them. I think Rick Schwartz regged about 8 of my suggestions.

•••
•••
on another tech forum, a guy was wanting to start his own forum on a broad topic, and was short of money.
I had a .INFO that was close enough to his topic, so I gave it to him. it had three or four months left till expiration.

I was going to let it expire. he was glad to get it, and did use it for a while for his own forum.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back