Dynadot

domain hasdrugs.com : Your appraisal ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hi:

hasdrugs.com

This is an un-developed domain which I bought and parked with Sedo recently. I believe this would be useful for the prescripition drug/generic drug industry.

What are your thoughts on the value of this domain?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sounds more like the town street hustler has drugs. regfee

•••
I agree, reg fee couldn't imagine it getting much more.

•••
...domain which I bought

Did you actually "buy" this domain from the previous registrant or did you simply hand register it from one of the Dream Brokers™ like GD.

If the later is the case, then this domain exemplifies a phenomenon that is very much rampant in the "domaining" industry. In most businesses, a person understands that there is no free lunch. If you can buy an item for $100 and sell it for $150 and repeat the process you are considered successful. But a hand reg is nothing more than a lotto ticket and almost always worth zero. Re-read the last sentence twice.

For some strange reason, the MAJORITY of newcomers to the domaining industry reason that they can register an AVAILABLE domain that is just sitting there and flip it for 10 to 100 times registration cost. Just look at the list of domains in this sub-forum. It reminds me of the Sanford and Son business plan.

Like the others here, this domain is worth about what you paid for it, at most, and probably less. Good luck in your future endeavors. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
thanks for the replies. What about hasphones.com ?

I hand registered it myself.

MicroGuy: I have to agree that it was the mentality you spoke about. I discovered these forums and content only after I registered the domains in a moment of lotto-taking.

Would it stand a chance if enough content is developed and gets into the first page of some specific Google search niche?

I also had registered hasphones.com along with this. I hope it is somehow more generic and useful.. Does it also fall into the same value category? or would I be able to hopefully sell it for a margin?

Thanks for your replies.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Hi, I'll post my appraisal request for hasphones.com in a separate thread. Please be kind to answer there. Thanks!

•••
Another un-regged name u maybe interested in
HasCrapnames.com

Listing all your names

$0

BTW HasKeyword is very bad English
Havekeyword would be better, but only marginally
Do yourself a favour and give up domaining before it starts costing you real money.

Pharmaceutical companies havemedicines, they don't hasdrugs.
Drug dealers havedrugs, they never hasdrugs.
Drugstores haveicecreamsundaes, they also never hasdrugs.
Drug addicts havejustuseddrugs, they rarely hasdrugs left over

Last edited:
•••
You guys could stop being such ass holes about it, everyone has to start somewhere.

Rolling I take the radio test before I register any domains, means I say the name out loud a few times to see if it makes sense, has and then a generic word after it doesn't make sense to me sorry.

•••
Same as the other appraisals - $0.

If you're trying to make money with domains, before you register a domain, you should always think about:
1) Who would buy it
and/or
2) How could you monetize it to make it cover at least your annual renewal fees?

Let's look at #2 first:

Adsense - nope, can't run Adsense on drug related sites
Parking - You need type-in traffic. Not gonna happen. Also might run into issues with the topic.

As for #1
- It's grammatically incorrect
- Who on earth would buy it? Not a small business end user because it sounds bad, not a flip to another domainer because THEY can't monetize it or resell it.

You CAN occasionally hand-reg a viable name (gets more difficult every year) or find one on a drop, but you need to understand what makes a domain useful or marketable first. Read the forum, look at sales lists - not just the big sales, the $100-$1000 sales too because that could be your bread and butter - until you have a better feel for what works and what doesn't.

•••
DJuqa: I appreciate you being candid about this. But as Alex said, everyone has to start somewhere.

I wasn't even aware that there existed an organized industry for domain flipping a month ago (apart from a lot of these 'parking' companies, who I thought 'owned' those domains).

I realized the scarcity and value of good domains when I tried to register a personal domain for myself. I currently use a domain that starts with 'has' for hosting a pet project of mine, and I find the domain name to my liking and the people who use it seem to like it too.

But I went into a lotto mentality then and registered a couple more of domains starting with 'has'. Agreed it is not good English, and probably is worthless for the normal domain flipper. I did not have this realization till I posted about it here and am thankful to everyone for their advice.

However, being a web-developer, I was wondering at a lot of high value domains without any seeming speciality, not even a generic name that directly relates to their respective field - I'm looking at Google, Yahoo, 4chan, ebay etc. These domain names would've probably been worth nothing before those companies became popular. So I thought, yeah, this 'has' thing seems stylish, and I can get domains with generic words (like 'phone') which would be otherwise impossible.

Now I know it isn't worth a dime in the domain flipping industry. I'm not at all disappointed at this - I was never planning to go into domain flipping or try to make a fortune out of this.

I'll probably build some service around the hasphones.com domain - a mobile review site or something. I'm banking on the philosophy that a domain name (how much weird or boring) gets truly popular when people like the actual service provided by it. I have seen that happen for my other 'has' domain on which I run a real service.

I guess my mistake was in applying this mentality to the domain flipping field without understanding the business model.

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

enlytend, thanks for a really useful answer.

Regarding hasdrugs.com - I used to see a lot of activity (spam mails mostly) in the 'prescription drugs' area and thought it was a big industry. For some reason I ignored the correctness and thought it was a good name. I stand corrected.

I'll then drop the domain. Being hand-regged I stand to lose only $10.

The other domain: hasphones.com - I believe I can create a useful service (which was a side motive when I registered it).

Same as the other appraisals - $0.

If you're trying to make money with domains, before you register a domain, you should always think about:
1) Who would buy it
and/or
2) How could you monetize it to make it cover at least your annual renewal fees?

Let's look at #2 first:

Adsense - nope, can't run Adsense on drug related sites
Parking - You need type-in traffic. Not gonna happen. Also might run into issues with the topic.

As for #1
- It's grammatically incorrect
- Who on earth would buy it? Not a small business end user because it sounds bad, not a flip to another domainer because THEY can't monetize it or resell it.

You CAN occasionally hand-reg a viable name (gets more difficult every year) or find one on a drop, but you need to understand what makes a domain useful or marketable first. Read the forum, look at sales lists - not just the big sales, the $100-$1000 sales too because that could be your bread and butter - until you have a better feel for what works and what doesn't.

•••
If you're going to develop a site on the name, then your development creates the value. Good luck with it!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back