NameSilo

Has time limit on outbound domain sale worked for anyone?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion started by Skumars, Apr 28, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Skumars

Skumars Established Member

I have sent some outbound emails along with follow-ups related to a domain over past few weeks. I see that some people open it over 4-5 times every time (tracked through streak), but they do not reply. In such a scenario, would giving a time limit work for getting a response?

For example: If I would say that we will be selling off this domain in the next 2-3 days etc. OR Last 2 days to make an offer. OR If I would set a BIN and point them to the landing page.

OR would it make them feel that the seller is Pushy/Desperate or is not getting offers?

For people who have done outbound, how do you manage such a situation where they view the email multiple times but just do not respond.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Nate Norris

Nate Norris OptionFuse Gold Account

I've seen some people have success with putting a domain into auction and then doing outbound. It adds a sense of urgency, especially if there is a bid or two. But depending on who you're sending emails to, they may have to talk to their board or get approval to buy the name, so adding a short timeline might make them pass on it immediately because they know they won't have enough time to go through the internal steps.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!