IT.COM

discuss Has anyone had high traffic from Poland lately

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

urljunky

Top Member
Impact
I have a domain that has extremly high traffic from Poland.
The domain is idotpay.com
It's getting 20+ uniques a day.
I googled for anything in poland close to that couldn't find anything. I was hoping to find where all the traffic was intended to go so I could sell it to them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Found it dotpay.PL

Last edited:
•••
That just goes to show how important .com is. People in poland going to a polish website dotpay.pl
and they lose 25 type in traffic to me a day at idotpay.com. Just think how many they lose to dotpay.com a day? The number must be staggering. I'm sure they find where they are going eventually. Thats why all the big dogs get every miss spelling of the name and every extension so to make it easier and more friendly to all their customers.

•••
Screenshot_20180405-200603.png

•••
•••
Do you have to have your domains DNS /parked at Sedo to get this info? I have mine listed there but no info on traffic, I also don't have them parked/dns pointed there either.
Yes to get this info you have to have dns servers pointed to sedo and you would have to have domain listed there also.

•••
•••
I have a number of sites, normally continuously hit by Russia, Ukraine hackers. But this past month Poland is now on the top of the list. Probably just a new proxy server being used by the group, but have no idea. Usually are the usual bots either scapers or brute force attempts. Wordfence allows you to ban IP’s, or the paid version, block entire countries.

•••
Extremely high for such a crappy name, yeah. No clicks though. I was posting this to show how important the .com is. It's crazy that a polish company that has a polish extension is losing this much traffic to a .com that has an extra letter at the beginning of the name. They are losing over 7,000 type in traffic a year to idotpay.com. Can you imagine what they are losing to dotpay.com that is parked also?
I registered this name because idot stands for Illinois Department of Transportation. Alot of job seekers want to know what the pay is there.

•••
Extremely high for such a crappy name, yeah. No clicks though. I was posting this to show how important the .com is. It's crazy that a polish company that has a polish extension is losing this much traffic to a .com that has an extra letter at the beginning of the name. They are losing over 7,000 type in traffic a year to idotpay.com. Can you imagine what they are losing to dotpay.com that is parked also?
I registered this name because idot stands for Illinois Department of Transportation. Alot of job seekers want to know what the pay is there.

Too bad you can’t monetize a redirect on their behalf.

•••
UPDATE
I was getting 25 visits a day steady when parked at sedo. Now I parked at undeveloped and have got 209 visits in 3 days. Very odd. It must be a bot or something in Poland. Sedo was getting 25 different ip address visits, but undeveloped doesn't distinguish between unique's and just plan old hits. Either that or sedo was just plain hiding traffic and pocketing the $$

Last edited:
•••
Poland got the internet.

•••
•••
idotpaystats.png

Now up to 432 since April 8th at end of day
Has anyone else had this kind of bot traffic or any other traffic? I am scared to put a website on it if it is hackers or some other weird traffic?

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 85143
Now up to 432 since April 8th at end of day
Has anyone else had this kind of bot traffic or any other traffic? I am scared to put a website on it if it is hackers or some other weird traffic?

Plain html, no issues. But, Do you have wordpress sites? This sort of stat is sort of common immediately depending on a specific domain’s history. I’ve had bots hit my sites within 20 minutes of WP install and if I don’t put up Wordfence they will attempt to upload crypto mining or other php scripts, etc. The Amazon AWS ghetto VPS world is the worst, I’ve blocked them all. PM if you need help.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back