IT.COM

Has Anyone Ever Used These Guys Before? (DonateDomainnames.org)

NameSilo
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

So I came across this organization that accepts domains as donations.

Looks interesting, there is also a tax benefit

Could be a good way to lend a helping hand and also benefit from a tax deductions for domains that are sitting in your portfolio that you want to get rid off.

Wondering if anyone here has used these guys before? If so, can you shed some light on what your experience with them was like?

http://www.donatedomainnames.org

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice idea, but I wonder who benefits.

ps. I am also accepting donations of premium domain names - all names will be used to promote a good cause. :)

•••
Nice idea, but I wonder who benefits.

ps. I am also accepting donations of premium domain names - all names will be used to promote a good cause. :)

Bwhahahaah I was thinking the exact same thing! :)

What I would actually like to know is how much of the domain sale goes towards charity and how much is "pocketed" by the organization/service provider (donatefdomainnames.org). I mean lets say they receive a domain donation that they then sell for $1000...they could easily just donate $200 and pocket the $800... not saying this is what they do, just wondering how they allocate their funds and in what portions/percentages.

Last edited:
•••
What's even more interesting is if you do a search for the phone number they list. It comes up with websites for car donations, computer donations, real estate donations, etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back